Sons of Guns episode featuring "1,000 yd accurate AK-47

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up a bit for me, guys. I was having a hard time accepting the 1,000 yard claim. I did'nt catch that about a Saiga being used. Or it being .308 caliber. 7.62X51MM is more reasonable to me. As in an accurized M1A.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I couldn't follow the reasoning behind a 1,000 yd AK. At that distance do you really need a semi-auto? That seemed to be the only reason they kept talking about. Some of the earlier projects were interesting but it is getting sillier and sillier. Now they are dreaming up drama to go along with the gun projects.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watched like 4 episodes of that show. I'm pretty sure ALL those guys do is modify saiga's. Seriously. The did put together and M-2, that had to re-charged after every 3rd round because it wouldn't cycle right. All I know is they'd never get a chance to touch any of my guns...

And as for the chick, it took all of 3 seconds before I wanted her to go away. Talk about playing it up for the camera. She's a glorified secretary who thinks she's hot @#$% because she got on a tv show. Gimme a break...

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know why you wouldn't be able to shoot 7.62x39 @ 1000 yards:

- You can build an accurate platform that will shoot at least 1MOA,

- You can push even heavy VLDs with the case:
http://www.accuratereloading.com/76239.html

- Obviously the round will be subsonic - but after reading 223 mile shot - looks like you can maintain the accuracy with proper components.

Latest posts

Top Bottom