Sons of Guns episode featuring "1,000 yd accurate AK-47

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The good folks a Red Jacket have very little to do with the production.I,for one and am always glad to see any shows about people responsibly handling and enjoying firearms no matter how scripted it is.

The man shot an arrow out of a .410 IN THE SHOP. Hardly responsible. They are pretty good about reminding people of safety and legal issues I suppose.

Also, Red Jacket is primarily known (before the show, that is), for their Saiga conversion work. It was Will's announcement on the Saiga forums that they would be getting a TV show that prompted me to order my Saiga 12 from Cadiz Gun Works instead.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The man shot an arrow out of a .410 IN THE SHOP. Hardly responsible. They are pretty good about reminding people of safety and legal issues I suppose.

Also, Red Jacket is primarily known (before the show, that is), for their Saiga conversion work. It was Will's announcement on the Saiga forums that they would be getting a TV show that prompted me to order my Saiga 12 from Cadiz Gun Works instead.

Wrong,Redjacket was building AK's long before Saiga's were even known of here in USA.The 410 in the shop,he fired an arrow propelled by the shotgun primer,hardly dangerous.They also have a very pronounced "don't try this at home" disclaimer at the start of the show.But that's OK,I'm sure Redjacket will mourn the loss of your business.BTW,Will is a standup guy who has been an active member on Warrior Talk for many years.He has always been a great contributor to the AK sections,as well as his sponsor section, and will always take time to answer technical questions for members.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The good folks a Red Jacket have very little to do with the production.I,for one and am always glad to see any shows about people responsibly handling and enjoying firearms no matter how scripted it is.

+1 Redmax! Wow...what's up with all the gun snobs here? Can't y'all just watch a show about guns without being so anal retentive about it? Take a pill and relax people.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wrong,Redjacket was building AK's long before Saiga's were even known of here in USA.The 410 in the shop,he fired an arrow propelled by the shotgun primer,hardly dangerous.They also have a very pronounced "don't try this at home" disclaimer at the start of the show.But that's OK,I'm sure Redjacket will mourn the loss of your business.BTW,Will is a standup guy who has been an active member on Warrior Talk for many years.He has always been a great contributor to the AK sections,as well as his sponsor section, and will always take time to answer technical questions for members.

I wouldn't question that Will is a great guy, and I am definitely aware that they do some high quality work, I just couldn't take the wait time increase that comes with the advertising the show enables.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been wanting to get a good Saiga conversion for a while, but I won't buy one from them after watching the show. They try and play up how dumb and incapable some of their employees are. It makes for good television, but also makes for poor consumer confidence.

Latest posts

Top Bottom