Soon be squirrel season...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bigcountry, Shooting squirrels with a bow is a blast. Take plenty of arrows and I would suggest using bludgen tips if you can. I went with field points and the little wire judo tips and lost at 12 bucks an arrow I figure I spent a hundred bucks! The black rubber tips look pretty cumbersome but they work like a charm and stop in a hurry.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but was told that .38 special brass makes a great bludgen tip when glue'd on the end of the shaft. It would be cheap enough.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
,those suckers are everywhere during bow season.

Yeah, I see them as a curse and a blessing.

Curses 1) They bark if they pick you off 2) They love to tear up my corn feeders 3) I've seen deer walk around them when they're making alot of noise.

Blessings: 1) They bark at the deer and often alert you long before you see them 2) They are a blast to watch and play with when things get slow LOL.

Either way I think they are fun to hunt and go good fried with biscuits and gravy. :spaghetti:

deadeyedave

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I see them as a curse and a blessing.

Curses 1) They bark if they pick you off 2) They love to tear up my corn feeders 3) I've seen deer walk around them when they're making alot of noise.

Blessings: 1) They bark at the deer and often alert you long before you see them 2) They are a blast to watch and play with when things get slow LOL.

Either way I think they are fun to hunt and go good fried with biscuits and gravy. :spaghetti:
Here's a little FYI. Squirrel liver is like heroin or crack cocaine to channel cats.
It's a lot tougher than chicken liver and not quite as messy. I fold up a couple paper towels, put them in a ziplock and when I field dress them, I have a bag for the livers and paper to wipe off my hands. Simply put the livers in a tupperware bowl, freeze them, and don't forget them when you go cat fishing.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a little FYI. Squirrel liver is like heroin or crack cocaine to channel cats.
It's a lot tougher than chicken liver and not quite as messy. I fold up a couple paper towels, put them in a ziplock and when I field dress them, I have a bag for the livers and paper to wipe off my hands. Simply put the livers in a tupperware bowl, freeze them, and don't forget them when you go cat fishing.

Really?!?!?!?! I'll have to remember that. All the MORE reason to go after the bushytails!

Latest posts

Top Bottom