Sourdough Starter, Bread and Biscuits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crap. I don't have a cast iron skillet. Let alone a properly seasoned one. These biscuits are gonna be expensive.

I tried them in a regular square pan. They turned out okay but there's something about the cast iron that makes them ... ahhhh ... I dunno ... have a crispier crust all around.

ETA: If you want I'll watch the thrift stores for you. I paid $1.75 for mine ...

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I get all my junk at thrift stores, antique shops and Mary's Flea Market.

BTW BB, wifey makin me sour dough pancake batter so i can make deep fried smoked sausages on a stick. Kinda like corn dogs. She says it wont work, i say it might. She says it wont, i say it will. We'll see who wins Sunday.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get all my junk at thrift stores, antique shops and Mary's Flea Market.

BTW BB, wifey makin me sour dough pancake batter so i can make deep fried smoked sausages on a stick. Kinda like corn dogs. She says it wont work, i say it might. She says it wont, i say it will. We'll see who wins Sunday.

Who's going to be the judge? If it's just the two of you, I wonder if the disagreement will continue... until you get out of sight long enough to spit out the corn dog and bury the rest of the batch :wink2:

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If i make it, ill choke it down and say it was good. It should be ok, right? Sourdough batter, smoke sausage, dipped in syrup. Dont even need a plate, no muss or fuss.

bootsbaker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you bake your own bread. :bowdown: im in awe of anyone that bakes their own bread. baking is a skill I have little patience for because Im a dump and pour cook all that precise measuring just brings out my lack of discipline LOL!:fallangel

Latest posts

Top Bottom