Sourdough Starter, Bread and Biscuits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you bake your own bread. :bowdown: im in awe of anyone that bakes their own bread. baking is a skill I have little patience for because Im a dump and pour cook all that precise measuring just brings out my lack of discipline LOL!:fallangel

LOL ... don't be too impressed!! I can't tell you how many loaves of sourdough bread would had that you could throw mortar on and build a perfectly good wall with. I finally got the hang of it, though every once in a while I'll still toss a stinker ... Sourdough is kinda fickle. The stars need to line up just right ... ;)

However, I did find a buttermilk bread recipe that has turned out perfectly every time I've made it. It's not real finicky ... I need to get a recipe thread started so you guys can give that one a try -- or show it to your wifes, girlfriends, boyfriends -- whoever does the cooking in your joint! ROFLMAO!!

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
O.M.G.!!! I wanna know how this turns out!! :bowdown::spaghetti::hyper:

well, i learned alot today. Wife got the batter ready, made a big stack of sourdough pancakes, just in case, then left the kitchen.

I had 6 smoked sausage link about the size of a hotdog but bigger around. Skewered them with a bamboo skewer, dipped em in batter, batter didnt really stick.

Dried links good, tried again, although it kinda stuck i plunged it into deepfryer. Kinda worked, kinda didnt. I succeeded in making the pancake wrapper too crunchy.

Tried again, outside was "ok", but the inside sausage wasnt really warm.

My expert cooking wife tried to bail me out. We can get the outside good, but the smoked sausages are prolly too big.

So, today she was right, i couldnt do it. Im convinced the idea is sound and plan on trying again with a thicker batter, and cooking the sausages first.

I did salvage the smoked sausages, and wife made me eggs to go with the sourdough pancakes. Good breakfast, thanks dear.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ROFLMAO at Lurker!! That's GREAT!! Too bad it didn't work. I've never figured out how they get the cornbread to stick to the corndog either ...

I made a loaf of buttermilk bread that turned out really, really good but my new sourdough is ready so I gotta make something with it today ... I'll holler back and give you a progress report ... (I'm trying another starter recipe ... looking for "just the right one" ...)

Chaseme3

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife has been trying to make restaurant style yeast rolls for a year and could not get it right. After i stumbled apon this thread I told her i know what your doing wrong! She then made them last night using a plastic bowl and spoon instead of metal, and they came out perfect!!! Thanks so much!

Latest posts

Top Bottom