Spilled powder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanwk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a "just in case" question. How would you clean up a powder spill on carpet? I read not to use a vacuum cleaner. So how would you get the powder up. This has not happened but I see the potential and want to be prepared. And how about dropped primers on carpet?

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remember that powder burns and primers explode. Just one live primer, if it ignites dust, powder and other things in a vacuum cleaner, can blow the thing up.

A little bit of powder isn't likely to cause trouble. Don't think I'd want to pick up a double handful or more with a vacuum though. A pick-up with brush and dustpan, followed by sticky tape would be in order.

It is not a pretty scene when the domestic partner, innocently doing the vacuum chores, comes up and pops a live primer. The steak dinner you were going to have by candlelight that evening was just tossed to the dogs.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
It is not a pretty scene when the domestic partner, innocently doing the vacuum chores, comes up and pops a live primer. The steak dinner you were going to have by candlelight that evening was just tossed to the dogs.

I'm not hearing the voice of experience am I? Yeah, I could see that.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pantyhose stretched over the hose of a shop vac.

ai259.photobucket.com_albums_hh293_JRamptastic_brilliant.jpg

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I use a wet/dry shop vac and havent had any problems. I only pick up small amounts of powder and fired primers with it though. For live primers I look until I find the little sucker. I then dump it after every use so there is no buildup.

Latest posts

Top Bottom