Spilled powder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I want to know is how many have actually had a "problem" with your vacuum cleaner burning up? I know they say not to but who has vacummed it up anyway? Come on 'fess up.

Okay I'll go first, I've used both the house vacs and shop vacs and have never had a problem. :ugh2:

And Like GC I hunt those live primers down....

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've spilled plenty of it, but it's all been over either wood floors, concrete floor, or vinyl type flooring. Just swept it up and threw in the front yard to fertilize the grass.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I load on carpet, because the whole house is carpeted, and I don't have a garage.

I do have a garage but its so much more comfy to reload inside, winter or summer. Yes, my house is fully carpeted too. Hard to find those dang primers! My next reloading space will have a solid finished floor surface of some sort.

I know of a number of individuals whose spouse banged (literally) a live primer in the vacuum; yep, doghouse for them!.

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am a little confused, all vacuum cleaners have a filter and the trash that is being picked up does not get near the motor or fan so it should be safe to use for a powder spill or primers, I know that I have been using one in my shop for 25 or 30 years without a problem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom