Spring Turkey 2012

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A buddy took me to his place today (caddo county) that is normaly loaded with lots of birds. Messed around with 5 jakes and 4 hens this evening. The last coulple of years the numbers have significantly declined there. Hopefully there will be a better hatch the next couple of years. Gonna try again tomorrow morning.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took my dad out last night and we saw several toms but could not get them to come in. They would gobble and strut while looking our way but cows knocked my hen decoy down and I think that killed us. Roosted them last night and put dad and son out about 15 mins ago. Hopefully the birds will hold their normal patern and they will get some.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Took this bird this morning, I think it was a retro bird, with the tie-dye beard and all. Got some cell video of 4 longbeards fighting while the other longbeard walked away with the ladies. Turn volume up and you can hear fighting purrs. Ticks are TERRIBLE!
i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_photobucket_5211_1333805950805.jpg

i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_photobucket_3023_1333805895201.jpg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
went out late in the morning,around 9 30. called up a hen that was nearby getting her nest ready. didn't hear or see any gobblers or sign. might try later in the week.nice bird okie!

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice bird and video Okie! I went out this morning and had 2 coming hard when the rancher pulled in the gate and spooked them. We hunting till it started raining at 11:30 and never could get any going after that.

osumark

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went out Friday morning, walking in I heard several gobbling before they came off the roost, we could pick up several with out binocs in the trees about 1/2 mile away. 3 bearded turkeys landed in the field in front of us and 3 hens. The biggest Tom, once we started calling, made his way towards our decoys in no time, he came within about 40 yards and started walking away from me when I blasted him. He was a good Tom with about a 9 inch beard (skinny though). We then drove by and called at a couple of places finding 3 Toms on a place I can't hunt anymore, no one was there, so my friend called 1 Tom across the street to his place only to have his 12g shell not go off. (he tried shooting it again later, bad shell) the third guy with us after the first click, rose up to shoot as the Tom bolted, missing. That was the end of the only day I hunted this weekend. Pretty fun day in the woods, at least for me. One of my friends is coming in town Sunday night, and we'll get after them again.

Celebrate Easter,
Mark

Latest posts

Top Bottom