Springfield Armory Saint... anyone else interested?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I think it may be a decent option for someone wanting a complete factory built rifle with a warranty.

It is similar to one of my builds and is a good basic setup in my opinion.

As far as offerings from another manufacturer, I haven't taken time to look for an identical product, but I don't recall one just like this.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Twist and gas length are important to me. Are you saying the answer to my question is 'nobody'?
No not at all. Just to me I dont see value in it. If you see value in it then I completely respect that. I also am young in my Rifle shooting so somethings just completely are missed by me. I Just dont think there is that much difference FOR ME between a 1:9 and 1:8.

The handguard doesnt really interest me though. In my opinion it is a pretty basic hand guard that other companies offer for less. Just me though. Also some have already called into question on the qualtiy of this hand guard. Then again my Ruger AR556 wasnt all that tight and well put together when I bought it. Had to check it over after I shot it and noticed several loose items. Castle nut for starters.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Shooting a mid length gas next to a carbine length gas, I'll take the mid all day every day.
In a 16" it baffles me that a carbine gas is even still an option anymore.
The 1/8 twist will do better with a larger variety of bullet weights compared to a 1/9 which is why it's so popular in 3 gun where you may need to hit a heavy steel swinger target out to 600 yards with say a 69 grain bullet, but still need good accuracy when shooting clays or head shot paper at 30-100 yards with 55grain bullets.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reveal is just a couple days away. I saw lots of speculation this was going to be some kind of fitness/training program, or a clothing line geared towards the firearms community, etc. But their website now says it is a new firearms line. I'm kind of interested, although I'm not like, on the edge of my seat and clutching fistfuls of hundreds.

Anyone have anything they're hoping to see?
If the new sprinfield looked like this one Id be more interested.

Attachments

• springfield.jpg
    springfield.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 124

Latest posts

Top Bottom