Springfield Armory Saint... anyone else interested?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i1125.photobucket.com_albums_l592_jmeggenberg_D77D35DB_5C33_4F64_88D7_EE154AFC96C5_zpsbvlsdjay.jpeg

sleeperx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To answer the original question. Yes I'm interested. A mid-length rifle. At a good price point. From a very reputable company. Now I just want to hear reviews over the next few months.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why is it so high priced? Whats different about it than a Ruger Ar556 and M&P Sport II? Also where are they making them at? I thought all of Springfield stuff was made over seas. They wont be able to make an AR over there would they with our import laws.

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why is it so high priced? Whats different about it than a Ruger Ar556 and M&P Sport II? Also where are they making them at? I thought all of Springfield stuff was made over seas. They wont be able to make an AR over there would they with our import laws.

BCM blessing. Don't you know anything with BCM on it is automagically superior to almost anything out there? Even if it's a ho-hum drop-in non-free-float keymod plastic handguard.

Oh, and don't forget the basic GI charging handle, lol.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BCM blessing. Don't you know anything with BCM on it is automagically superior to almost anything out there? Even if it's a ho-hum drop-in non-free-float keymod plastic handguard.

Oh, and don't forget the basic GI charging handle, lol.
Wait they have a bcm hand guard but not BCM's most well known product, their charging handle?

Makes no sense. Idk how much of the market they are going to capture. Maybe the springfield die hards and M1A die hards that now have an AR with springrfields blessing.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is anyone else offering a similar rifle for a similar price (i.e., 1/8 twist, middy gas, upgraded furniture, enhanced trigger, etc.)?
Thats what I was asking, if there was any thing high end about it. I dont think a mid length gas system is that important. Most are offering 1:9 twist so I dont think that is that big of a deal. Upgraded furniture is in the eye of the beholder but the trigger and again this is all my opinion would be worth it if it were really nice.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a slightly different rifle than what is typical on a gun shop shelf; however, I can think of about 500 ways to build a rifle I'd rather have for the same money. It may do well with people wanting a factory AR on the high side of a budget rifle. It has zero appeal to me personally though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom