Springfield Armory Saint... anyone else interested?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
For $150 less (MSRP) than a Colt 6920, I'd rather have this. Better furniture and mid-length barrel.

Although I too am a little underwhelmed at the product after all the hoopla. At least introduce a line of products, not a single item.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I heard a few months back about SA coming out with an AR platform rifle. Kind of inevitable for them to do such.

Didn't think they would extend their working marketing dollar with such ineffective hype. While knowing that they would come out with an AR, I thought this SAINT might be something (as others mentioned) along the lines of the SIG Legion series for their handguns.

For $150 less (MSRP) than a Colt 6920, I'd rather have this. Better furniture and mid-length barrel.
Although I too am a little underwhelmed at the product after all the hoopla. At least introduce a line of products, not a single item.

Where they positioned their entry in the AR market is interesting. Looks like a decent AR for the price point (which I am guessing will be on the street between $750-$799). Other than the goofy marketing not bad.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was it last year that they had 12days of "new" products? It was like everything they have now but in FDE and a threaded barrel and the XDS in .40. Not surprised. Their marketing people need help.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everyone is talking about it, which means the initial marketing worked. In the flooded AR market, you have to get attention first, and SA successfully did that with this marketing approach. The next marketing step will be to establish reliability/durability/etc. of the product.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Everyone is talking about it, which means the initial marketing worked. In the flooded AR market, you have to get attention first, and SA successfully did that with this marketing approach. The next marketing step will be to establish reliability/durability/etc. of the product.

If they had wrapped some of that into the release they may have had something to back the marketing up.

IE, have a pallet of 10k rounds of ammo and one gun. Between all the media and stuff there, shoot it all.

As far as the marketing working, maybe. I haven't read much "I'm gunna buy one nao!"

Also, I thing the hype would have been better fit if they had introduced as a line-up. IE, SBR, 16" (the model shown) + railed versions, and then a railed 20" DMR.

Latest posts

Top Bottom