Springfield XDs .45 acp and 9 mm Safety Recall

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyJuice

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I currently own 3 Springfield pistols. Big fan of their handguns. I sent my XDS in a while back and have read updates that they actually don't have a final fix for the issue yet but are close so that is why the recall is voluntary at the moment. They are holding all pistols they get in until they figure out the final solution. I am in no rush, I am carrying my xdm compact until the xds gets back. However, it feels like night and day after carrying the xds.

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sent in both my 9mm and .45 XDs the moment I heard there was a recall. I have received confirmation they have received but nothing that they have returned it yet. In the next week or so it will be at the 1 month mark.

I did the same thing with my 9mm and .40 m&p shield and it took just over 5 weeks to get them both back. I didn't want to take a chance since my wife and I rely on ours for EDC (9mm shield and XDs hers / .40 shield and .45 XDs mine). All four have well over 2k rounds of cheap bulk ammo, steel ammo, and defense ammo through them with not one issue but it's better to be safe than sorry.

In all honesty it doesn't shake my faith in either brand and when they return they will be swapped back into the rotation for EDC. Currently my EDC is a XDM compact and or a matching caliber fullsize XDM.

Last edited:

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some that know me may think I'm a Springfield fan boy but I like to think of myself more of a collector of firearms. I also have a nice collection of S&W handguns and just recently started collecting glocks.

734222_563949670291185_2031287112_n.jpg

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a link I received in an email from SA. My 9 was received by them on 9/3. They publish an update each Friday. Last Friday's was a republish of the previous Friday. Pain in the backside but i don't fid it a good decision to carry a recalled pistol that may slam-fire or double fire when I load it. I did have a future Darwin Award recipient tell me rather condescendingly, "Well the solution for that is just don't carry a round in the chamber!" I didn't attempt to argue his logic.

http://springfieldrecall.com/Recall%20FAQ.asp

ae5mh

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
XD-S™ Recall Update 10/11/2013
Dear Springfield Customer,
We are pleased to announce that our testing was successful and is complete.
We will receive our first shipment of upgrade parts early next week and will begin shipping upgraded XD-S™ pistols back to our customers the week of October 21 on a first-received/first-upgraded basis.
Once your pistol has been upgraded and is shipped back to you, an e-mail confirmation with tracking information will be sent to you at the e-mail address you provided.
For additional update information please click the link below to view the FAQ for the XD-S™ recall. If this document doesn't address your question, please call 800-680-6866 or send your question to [email protected]

ae5mh

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

We are pleased to announce that our recall upgrade solution testing was successful and is complete.
We will receive our first shipment of upgrade parts early next week and will begin shipping upgraded XD-S™ pistols back to our customers the week of October 21 on a first-received/first-upgraded basis.

To ensure our customers are continuously informed of our progress, we will provide website updates every Friday until all of the pistols are back in the hands of their owners.

We are confident that you will be extremely pleased with your upgraded XD-S™ pistol and we wish to express our deep gratitude to all our valued customers who have demonstrated such patience, support and loyalty to Springfield Armory®.

As a small token of our thanks, we will be enclosing an XD-S™ extended magazine with X-tension sleeve with each pistol we return.

As a reminder, do not use your 3.3 XD-S™ until the upgrade has been performed.

** To receive updates by Text message, Text XDS to 25827 **

FAQ – http://springfieldrecall.com/Recall FAQ.asp

Sincerely,

Team Springfield

ae5mh

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are pleased to announce that the process of upgrading XD-S™pistols has begun, and we will start shipping TODAY on a first-received/first-upgraded basis.
In our last update, we reported that upgraded pistols would start shipping sometime next week. But our team has been working around the clock and we are thrilled to start shipping today.
Once your pistol has been upgraded and is shipped back to you, an e-mail confirmation with tracking information will be sent to you at the e-mail address you provided.
For additional update information please click the link below to view the FAQ for the XD-S™ recall. If this document doesn't address your question, please call 800-680-6866 or send your question to [email protected]

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Click here to unsubscribe
Having trouble viewing this e-mail? View it in your browser

XD-S™ Recall Update 10/18/2013

We are pleased to announce that the process of upgrading XD-S™pistols has begun, and we will start shipping TODAY on a first-received/first-upgraded basis.

In our last update, we reported that upgraded pistols would start shipping sometime next week. But our team has been working around the clock and we are thrilled to start shipping today.

To receive updates by text message, text XDS to 25827

420 West Main Street Geneseo IL 61254 USA
www.springfieldrecall.com | [email protected]