Springfield XDs .45 acp and 9 mm Safety Recall

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pistol arrived today, nicely packed and containing an extended magazine at no charge. If they test fired the pistol they did a nice job of cleaning it afterwards. I sent them a well cleaned pistol and received it back in like condition. Kudos to Springfield Armory! Off to the range tomorrow.

Big50

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pistol arrived today, nicely packed and containing an extended magazine at no charge. If they test fired the pistol they did a nice job of cleaning it afterwards. I sent them a well cleaned pistol and received it back in like condition. Kudos to Springfield Armory! Off to the range tomorrow.

What date did you send it in?

ae5mh

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Click here to unsubscribe
Having trouble viewing this e-mail? View it in your browser
http://www.springfieldrecall.com/RecallUpdate.asp
Video: SA XDS UPGRADE
XD-S™ Recall Update 10/25/2013
Dear Springfield Customer,
Shipping is underway and customers are telling us they are very pleased with their upgraded XD-S™ pistols.
In our last update, we announced that upgraded pistols would start being shipped back to their owners on Friday, October 18. Our process of upgrading pistols – in the order that they were received – started as planned and we are very pleased with the positive feedback we are getting from customers regarding the upgrades.
As you know, we have greatly increased our staff to get upgraded pistols back to our customers as quickly as possible.We are committed to achieving the fastest turnaround times we can, and since last Friday we have already upgraded and shipped thousands of the recalled pistols we’ve received.

For additional update information please click the link below to view the FAQ for the XD-S™ recall. If this document doesn't address your question, please call 800-680-6866 or send your question to [email protected]

ae5mh

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are committed to achieving the fastest turnaround times as possible, and we will stick with that commitment until the last upgraded XD-S™ has left the Armory. Specifically, we expect to return upgraded pistols back to their owners as follows:

All XD-S™ pistols received at Springfield Armory® on or before September 10, 2013, will be upgraded and shipped back to their owners by Thanksgiving, if not before.

All XD-S™ pistols received between September 11-30, 2013, will be upgraded and shipped back to their owners by Christmas, if not before

All XD-S™ pistols received between October 1-31, 2013, will be upgraded and shipped back to their owners shortly after the holidays.

A very large number of pistols came into the Armory the first few days after the recall was announced. We are continuing to upgrade the first several batches received, and once we work through those pistols, progress will be even quicker. When your upgraded pistol is finished, you will receive a shipping notice and tracking information at the e-mail address you provided for the XD-S™ recall.

Customers continue to send back rave reviews on their upgraded XD-S™ pistols and we've also received a great deal of positive feedback on our first-in/first-out upgrade system. We truly appreciate that tremendous response from our valued customers. Click here to read a sample of those comments.

ADDO

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Received my XDS on Thursday last and took it to the range next day. The trigger requires more pressure than originally, but I think it will smooth out with use. Not bad, just requires more pounds. Accuracy was great. Shot a mixture of stuff through it with no problem. Great weapon.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a question for you guys that had a .45 worked on.

I've got a buddy that's worrying himself to death because they are telling him the pistol is going to come back to him with a 7lb10 oz trigger pull and it supposedly had a 5lb12oz pull when he sent it in, kinda like @ADDO mentioned in his post above.

Is this something that will "smooth out" as mentioned in the above post? If not, can he have a trigger job done on the thing to lighten the pull, and what would be a WAG at what the trigger work would cost?

Anything else I can tell him to ally his fears?

Any help would be appreciated!

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a question for you guys that had a .45 worked on.

I've got a buddy that's worrying himself to death because they are telling him the pistol is going to come back to him with a 7lb10 oz trigger pull and it supposedly had a 5lb12oz pull when he sent it in, kinda like @ADDO mentioned in his post above.

Is this something that will "smooth out" as mentioned in the above post? If not, can he have a trigger job done on the thing to lighten the pull, and what would be a WAG at what the trigger work would cost?

Anything else I can tell him to ally his fears?

Any help would be appreciated!

Anyone, anyone?

Bueller?

ae5mh

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I seriously doubt that the basic function of the gun will change at all. I don't know who is saying this, nor where this is coming from.

Tell him to worry about it and then he'll have worried about something he has no control over, then when he gets it back he'll be pleasantly surprised!