Stand Your Ground law coming under scrutiny due to the Zimmerman/Florida incident

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I assume that Bloomie's complaint is that the SYG laws are being illegally imported into NYC??? He is the Mayor of NYC, perhaps he should focus on laws that actually effect his jurisdiction??? :(

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How is being charged with a crime and receiving a trial by one's peers in an open courtroom under Constitutional Law a "lynching" ?

Because very few people believe he will actually get a fair trial. First, the "special" prosecutor has made some VERY controversial statements regarding the case. Second, the affidavit is pure crap. Third, any viable jury pool has been tainted by the media and the professional race baiters.

It will take a very strong judge to keep this case on track. Any and all hijinks by those involved needs to be quashed forcefully at the first opportunity. That remains to be seen. :(

Antigonus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Because very few people believe he will actually get a fair trial. First, the "special" prosecutor has made some VERY controversial statements regarding the case."

So? How does this translate to a "lynching" ?

"Second, the affidavit is pure crap."

If the affidavit is crap, then the defense should have no problem getting an acquittal.

"Third, any viable jury pool has been tainted by the media and the professional race baiters. "

Question 1: Do you think that you personally could serve as an unbiased juror in this case?

Question 2: Since you probably think you can, how is it that you think yourself so much more rational than every other American citizen?

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Because very few people believe he will actually get a fair trial. First, the "special" prosecutor has made some VERY controversial statements regarding the case."

If the affidavit is crap, then the defense should have no problem getting an acquittal.

"Third, any viable jury pool has been tainted by the media and the professional race baiters. "

Question 1: Do you think that you personally could serve as an unbiased juror in this case?

Question 2: Since you probably think you can, how is it that you think yourself so much more rational than every other American citizen?
The case made by the special prosecutor is very forced and does not seem to have any substance (Harvard Liberal professor dershowitz said so plainly enough and no one with any credibility in the legal community has refuted him). Finding a jury to convict will be much much easier because many, many people have been convinced ex ante that the accused is guilty, and the public pressure is all on the defendant and his defense, pressure that is totally out of proportion to the alleged crime.

In other words, some very powerful people are rooting for a guilty verdict (it seems like that to me) and yes, that does translate to a metaphorical lynching.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

If you want to get "technical", it won't be a "lynching" because the death penalty is off the table. Seeing as how you don't understand "dramatic license" in common speech.

You're assuming a smart judge that's brave enough to dismiss the case, or a jury that's likewise smart enough to judge the case without emotional bias.

Question 1: Yes, because I'm not pre-judging the case either way. I'm smart enough to realize that all the media hype and hyperbole is exactly that.

Question 2: First, I'm a LEO. Automatic strike by the defense. Second, I'm intelligent enough to not be at all swayed by an ineffective argument and I believe in jury nullification under extremely limited circumstances. Automatic strike by the prosecution. Third, have you ever heard of "change of venue"? It's available when local media coverage or hostility towards the defense is so high, that there's a likelihood that the defendant couldn't get a fair and impartial jury trial. Now extend that premise in this case to the entire country, because of irresponsible "journalism".

FWIW, I'd never be selected for the jury pool. People like me never serve on juries, and it's not because we try to get out of it. Any more questions?

Antigonus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finding a jury to convict will be much much easier because many, many people have been convinced ex ante that the accused is guilty

People said the same thing about OJ Simpson and Casey Anthony. It's funny how most people here seem to think that he's not guilty even before the trial starts, so that if he's found guilty it will just show how Zimmerman is a victim here and not, you know, actually guilty of 2nd degree murder. I myself plan to reserve judgment until the case is heard in court. I would encourage everyone else to do the same, even those clamoring to defend his of killing Mr. Martin.

Antigonus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Question 1: Yes, because I'm not pre-judging the case either way. I'm smart enough to realize that all the media hype and hyperbole is exactly that.

So you believe yourself to be smarter than everyone else in the United States? I mean, you said the following: "Third, any viable jury pool has been tainted by the media and the professional race baiters."

Latest posts

Top Bottom