Stand Your Ground law coming under scrutiny due to the Zimmerman/Florida incident

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just heard/seen something I hadn't before. They released pictures of Zimmerman's face and he had a broken nose and needed stitches from the altercation with Martin.

Who started it may play a role in the decision but an adult v minor seldom goes well for the adult. Even less often when its adult male v juvenile male, Mr. Zimmerman cant claim disparity of force. He is a sizable fella.

I strongly disagree with the notion that wearing a hoodie makes you a "gangsta" myself and my wife wear hoodies all the time, we are far from gangsta. Hell, every kid who ever played a highschool sport likely has a hoodie at home with some affiliation with their school/sport.

EDIT:I love the fact that he says unless its raining, and then the poster put up the comment that it was raining haha. Whether or not it was in fact raining I dont know.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IBTL, hommies.

i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Pistolas_ibtl00183f.jpg

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IBTL? Why? Haven't logged on in a few days. Is this community not able to discuss the incident? It is firearms related.

Most of these threads have been locked because folks aren't observing the forum rules, specifically the race issue. There's also been a lot of heated debate due to the inflammatory nature of all the reporting. If this one stays specifically on the SYG laws and issues concerning them, it might be the only related thread to not get locked. That's a BIG if right now...:(

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I don't understand how SYG applies, didn't that go out the window when he pursued the guy, after calling 9-1-1, and after being told not to? Regardless of what happened after that, maybe self-defense, maybe not, still not covered under Stand Your Ground.

Latest posts

Top Bottom