Steel Target

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
M2 AP would probably damage the face at the range we'll be shooting, but I doubt it would penetrate.

Oh, I see what the distance is now. I'm sure you've thought of it, but - have you checked to make sure the chains aren't long enough to let the target swing back and up over the top of the frame?

Jeff3C

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is long enough, but it is HEAVY. It won't swing over from a gun shot.

You might be surprised. I bought the same plates from the guy on the hide and at 500 yards my .308 would flip em right over. I had it mounted to a metal real estate sign and my chains were more vertical than yours.

The .223 will be fine but I bet that .338 flips it right over. I was shocked the first time I shot it.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:tounge:

Haha, in all seriousness, I never planned on that rifle going past about 300-400 yards. Not necessarily because it can't get there, but at that range, the little 'ole .223 starts to turn to grain of sand in the wind. I bet we can get it out there though. I'll try some of Dustin's 75gr Privi along with the 69gr stuff I have.
Awwww come on, it'll be fun!! ;)

I bet with the wind cooperating, you will not have too many problems hitting it. Just get the right amount of elevation dialed in. However previous dis-cuss-ions have shown, the 223 is dead after 600yds. See the picture below for why I say we might be able to land some bullets on the frame and that hopefully we won't dent the frame.

[Broken External Image]

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bet with the wind cooperating, you will not have too many problems hitting it. Just get the right amount of elevation dialed in. However previous dis-cuss-ions have shown, the 223 is dead after 600yds. See the picture below for why I say we might be able to land some bullets on the frame and that hopefully we won't dent the frame.

I accept your subjective and completely un-factually based evaluation of the .223 round and concede that it will not go past 600yds.

Amidoinitrite? :wink2:

Isn't that how most people try to argue on TEH INTRANETZ. Hehe. :teach:

Back to seriousness again, that graph is fantastic. I shall save it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom