Steel Target

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninefan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Silly chimp, Engineers didn't go to college to end up having to actually go out into the real world and do anything!!

And besides, if the thing does flip over the top in the real world then it's the UNIVERSE that's wrong -- NOT the calculations!!!

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
True!!! We would obviously need to design and build a gravitational field correction device if it happens. The only reason it would actually flip over the bar would be because the gravitational field is off enough that it messed up the calculations when using the gravitational constant g.

GENIOUS!!!!!!!!!!

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I post a pic of my steel target setup and you yayhoos turn the thread into total asshattery. Brings a tear to my eye because I'm so proud of my friends. I'm a little jealous that I couldn't do it myself since it was my own thread.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Handlebar,

If you are wanting to have a target for rifles and pistol, then you will want to go with AR500. That is what most if not all major target manufacturers are using right now for their targets. You want to go with 3/8" or 1/2" thickness depending on what you want to shoot it with. Bigger calibers go with the 1/2" or you can go 1/2" and not have to worry about it.

I post a pic of my steel target setup and you yayhoos turn the thread into total asshattery.

Pot meet Kettle!! Kettle meet Pot!!!

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
The awesomeness factor of that video is upped 100x by the fact the bullet splits right down the grooves put in it by the rifling. I never noticed that before.

Stress concentration points, in theory it should happen everytime... unless it's like the crackhead banana that dies at 600 yards.

Latest posts

Top Bottom