Stock Market Guesses? For next 6 months?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tranger2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Up or Down?

One guy I really like is advising doom and has pulled out and another says the business market will grow in the short term (6 months).

What say you?

(Oh yeah, I am retirement eligible and starting lean more conservative for protection. Been contributing since early 20's. 50 yrs old.)

Last edited:

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyboy that freaks out and pulls out of the market is an idiot. It's for long term, low would be when you really want to buy it up.

Of course if the country fails it won't do you any good either way.

I just opened a Roth with Fedelity, bout to start investing more, but won't be pulled till I'm retired

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you have some good gains....I'd take them off the table. If you are just now starting, I'd be patient and buy incrementally. I'll bet there's some even better buying opportunities in the next 6 months.

saltydog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My take is "to infinity and beyond!" Will never see a market crash again! the FED has your back!!!! Party on!!!!! Tax payers are standing by just in case there is some minor difficulty. I'm ready to do my part for wall street if they need my help lol!

Johnjosiah

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My guess is an election year it will be flat to up. I figure next year or shortly after the election it takes a huge dump. Charles Nenner (?sp) was predicting a bad 2017. I'm staying on the sideline for now. Even if it goes up 5% next year on 10K that is only $500. Work an extra couple of days and get the same return and no risk. If you are just starting I would recommend the wealthsteading podcast. Not for everyone but the guy tends to make good logical sense.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you have some good gains....I'd take them off the table. If you are just now starting, I'd be patient and buy incrementally. I'll bet there's some even better buying opportunities in the next 6 months.

Just yanked my 6 bagger. It's been percolating since 2009. They got bought out by a smaller company and I got another 25% at closing. Looking for another one of those right now.

Oil is going to recover in 2016, but there will be much pain for the smaller companies in the meantime and some won't survive. I think it'll be in the second half.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just yanked my 6 bagger. It's been percolating since 2009. They got bought out by a smaller company and I got another 25% at closing. Looking for another one of those right now.

Oil is going to recover in 2016, but there will be much pain for the smaller companies in the meantime and some won't survive. I think it'll be in the second half.

Schlumberger is predicting third quarter of 2017 for oil in the latest publication I've seen.

Y'all should have bought Volkswagen. Dancing all the way to the bank.....:D

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not advising doom, but my oil field sources tell me that oil is going to have a bad year in 2016 and remain low. It may gain in 2017 but level off in the $60 range. Fed may do another rate increase in March. I'm holding until the 2nd qtr of 2016 and see what washes out then.

Latest posts

Top Bottom