Store Robbery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Correct you are. I try to keep up with current SDA laws. Remember the new SDA handbook comes out November 1st each year. Every gun owner be it LEO or us other guys and gals need to keep up with current laws. Otherwise how will you know that it is legal to leave a gun in a car out of sight with the vehicle locked on k-12 parking lots? Or that Nov 1st this year it is legal to carry switchblade knives ?

Actually its just a redefinition of spring assisted knives, and the SDA doesn't cover the legal carrying, just the definition of whats legal.... ;)

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Correct you are. I try to keep up with current SDA laws. Remember the new SDA handbook comes out November 1st each year. Every gun owner be it LEO or us other guys and gals need to keep up with current laws. Otherwise how will you know that it is legal to leave a gun in a car out of sight with the vehicle locked on k-12 parking lots? Or that Nov 1st this year it is legal to carry switchblade knives ?

and they REEEEEALLYYYYY Need to define each and every law in PLAIN ENGLISH what is legal and what is not. I mean instead of all the BS, it needs to read........ "If you are in a store and a Bad Guy pulls out a gun and looks like he will shoot the clerk, it is LEGAL for you to shoot the bad guy to prevent him from shooting an innocent person"...
I mean what would be so hard about that??? : )

FRISKY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen a couple store robberies that were caught on tape in the last few weeks. So here's the question. You're in a 7-Eleven. The guy in front of you pulls a gun on the clerk. You are armed and he's not really paying attention to you. What do you do?
Many years ago this incident actually happened at the small store where I worked.

I was in the stock room about 10-feet away from the cash register. A young guy pulled a gun on the clerk and demanded all the cash in the register. I didn't have a gun, but we kept a baseball bat next to the door of the stock room. Since I was hidden behind the "bad guy" I grabbed the bat, made a lunge toward the guy and was in the process of swinging the bat as hard as I could toward the back of his head. As the clerk saw me move toward the guy, he started yelling "NO, NO, NO!" and waving his arms in the air.

It turned out the bad guy was actually one of the clerk's best friends that was just playing around with a real looking squirt gun. He had no idea his little joke almost caused his death.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many years ago this incident actually happened at the small store where I worked.

I was in the stock room about 10-feet away from the cash register. A young guy pulled a gun on the clerk and demanded all the cash in the register. I didn't have a gun, but we kept a baseball bat next to the door of the stock room. Since I was hidden behind the "bad guy" I grabbed the bat, made a lunge toward the guy and was in the process of swinging the bat as hard as I could toward the back of his head. As the clerk saw me move toward the guy, he started yelling "NO, NO, NO!" and waving his arms in the air.

It turned out the bad guy was actually one of the clerk's best friends that was just playing around with a real looking squirt gun. He had no idea his little joke almost caused his death.

Good Lord. What a story. I hope that idiot learned a lesson.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go back and read the SDA. The person you protect DOES NOT have to be a family member, a friend, or even someone you know. This little bit of misinformation is constantly getting passed around, yet is incorrect. It was posted earlier in this thread - intervening to stop a forcible felony in commission is permitted.

Looks like back to reading and studying is in order for me. But either way, I would not stand around and wait for homeboy to start flingin boolits everywhere.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you don't think your life is in danger when an armed robber is just feet away you might want to remember all the victims in the Sirloin Stockade murders here in OKC.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
and they REEEEEALLYYYYY Need to define each and every law in PLAIN ENGLISH what is legal and what is not. I mean instead of all the BS, it needs to read........ "If you are in a store and a Bad Guy pulls out a gun and looks like he will shoot the clerk, it is LEGAL for you to shoot the bad guy to prevent him from shooting an innocent person"...
I mean what would be so hard about that??? : )

Lawyers would be out if jobs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom