Store Robbery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not that many years ago there was a Tulsa supermarket holdup in which a concealed permit holder shot the robber because he thought the manager's life was in danger. One of the members of this board was a police detective who investigated the incident. There were no legal problems for the citizen who shot the robber and if I remember correctly the detective loaned the citizen his backup gun after his was taken as evidence.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not that many years ago there was a Tulsa supermarket holdup in which a concealed permit holder shot the robber because he thought the manager's life was in danger. One of the members of this board was a police detective who investigated the incident. There were no legal problems for the citizen who shot the robber and if I remember correctly the detective loaned the citizen his backup gun after his was taken as evidence.

This^^^^ 1000X this ^^^^^

Reading this has been interesting though. Some of us are dumb as a brick.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This^^^^ 1000X this ^^^^^

Reading this has been interesting though. Some of us are dumb as a brick.

No need to resort to insulting "some of us" just cause I don't know how to play canasta. Bet I could whup you good at a nerve-racking game of "Go Fish."

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I'm standing right behind the guy, pulling my weapon would probably not be my first thought. The robber would either get knocked upside the head or put in some kind of hold.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I'm standing right behind the guy, pulling my weapon would probably not be my first thought. The robber would either get knocked upside the head or put in some kind of hold.

I'd have to be pretty sure of my hand to hand combat skills, cause if you lose that wrestling match, you're liable to lose your life immediately afterwards.

If I was standing behind someone that pulled a weapon, in a attempt to rob a store of almost any kind, and I was armed, they wouldn't survive the encounter.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you want to risk the rest of your life in prison, separated from all those you love (because you stepped outside the protection of the SDA), good on you. Me? If a stranger has chosen not to arm them self, I'll be f***ed if I'm risking my freedom and family for them. I value my family and my freedom much more highly than that. I'd just a soon abide by the law, like every self appointed conservative.
Yeah but after he drops the clerk he just might want to eliminate any witnesses (that'd be you).

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd have to intervene, it would be bad to live the rest of my life knowing that I could have prevented a murder and the sorrow of a family. Anyone that didn't defend the clerk to my way of thinking is a low dog.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
No need to resort to insulting "some of us" just cause I don't know how to play canasta. Bet I could whup you good at a nerve-racking game of "Go Fish."

I'll whoop your dirty no good butt in go fish.

I'd have to intervene, it would be bad to live the rest of my life knowing that I could have prevented a murder and the sorrow of a family. Anyone that didn't defend the clerk to my way of thinking is a low dog.

I'm in this to survive and enhance my own life, saving a life is all nice and heroic, but depends on the situation. If I wanted to carry a firearm in order to reduce heartache on other people and their families, I would have finished my application with OCPD. But I Didn't. I do not have that responsibility, nor do I have the legal luxuries afforded to LEOs. I also do not have much of a conscience, so ymmv.

Latest posts

Top Bottom