Store Robbery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you watched the video of the homeless man, taking on an armed man holding a hostage. WARNING this is a very graphic video with a couple of fatalities. It doesn't go down like your typical action movie.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2395780/ho...owering-hostage-taker-to-save-strangers-life/

If I'm standing right behind the guy, pulling my weapon would probably not be my first thought. The robber would either get knocked upside the head or put in some kind of hold.

Last edited:

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As said and noted in the thread, if someone walks into any place you are legally allowed to be in and pulls a weapon of any sort you are able to defend with lethal force. My take is like most of the others, if I am I there and someone pulls a gun and I am in a position to where I can un-holster, draw and know that the round will not hit an innocent person then I am going to draw and give the BG one chance to disarm and lay down, one sudden move and I am going to take it as a threat at that point.

Same situation with knife, outcome is going to depend on how far I am from the person but end result is still the same, as long as I can safely draw my weapon and know that no innocent person would be harmed I am going to try and detain first, then if not incapacitate next.

I wonder about the theater scenario at times as well, provided anyone I know is safely out my stance would be to protect my interests first, then once they are safe and LEO is not on scene then possibly engage the shooter if that is possible without innocent people getting in the crossfire.

We all talk like this while we have time to be the internet keyboard warriors, real life will present challenges that no one other than people who train for it will be ready for. Also I thought the SDA law was changed now to where if the investigating officer/department makes the determination it is a good shoot that the shooter keeps their weapon. It was something along the lines of not penalizing the shooter by taking their weapon for who knows how long.

Criminal cases could take 6 months to 10 years, long time to not have a sidearm. Granted most of us, myself included have several so it would not be the end of the world for me.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It is a good question. Not only about laws and whether you would get off or not but also about morals.

1. You chose not to act immediately. Clerk gets shot. You live the rest of your life knowing you could have saved their life but hesitated.
2. You stop the threat, only to learn it was their high school buddy playing a stupid prank on them. You live the rest of your life knowing that you killed an innocent person what made a dumb decision to play a dumb joke.

Damned if you do or don't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom