Storm shelter recommendation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tampabucs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here are some pics of our shelters. Here is our website: www.f5stormsheltersok.com

droid pic 3-11-13 625.jpg

droid pic 3-11-13 466.jpg

droid pic 3-11-13 737.jpg

9-17-12 089.JPG

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was involved in the cleanup for a few days down there. I met many people who were saved by having a shelter.....any below ground hidey hole will save your life. However, I met one lady who saved herself and her grand-children in her shelter. She told me that the shelter started filling up with water, probably from a burst pipe. Luckily, they were able to get out unharmed and there was nothing weighing the shelter door down but that shelter is filled to the brim with water. I guess the only way around that is a custom built shelter with multiple egress points. I know the likeliness of having that happen is very slim.....but so is your house being hit by a tornado!

Tampabucs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was involved in the cleanup for a few days down there. I met many people who were saved by having a shelter.....any below ground hidey hole will save your life. However, I met one lady who saved herself and her grand-children in her shelter. She told me that the shelter started filling up with water, probably from a burst pipe. Luckily, they were able to get out unharmed and there was nothing weighing the shelter door down but that shelter is filled to the brim with water. I guess the only way around that is a custom built shelter with multiple egress points. I know the likeliness of having that happen is very slim.....but so is your house being hit by a tornado!

A good way to remedy that problem is to have a sump pump in your shelter with a hose. On our shelter you can feed the hose through the hand grooves, so in case water was getting in you could pump it out. Additionally, we have 2 lids and both are removable. We also supply everyone with a 2 ton come along to help remove any debris on top of the lid.

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A good way to remedy that problem is to have a sump pump in your shelter with a hose. On our shelter you can feed the hose through the hand grooves, so in case water was getting in you could pump it out. Additionally, we have 2 lids and both are removable. We also supply everyone with a 2 ton come along to help remove any debris on top of the lid.

Guess there already is a remedy for this! Do you have pics or a link so I can see how the sump pump works in the shelter? Are the two lids connected or do they allow for space between them in case a large piece of debris falls on top?

Tampabucs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guess there already is a remedy for this! Do you have pics or a link so I can see how the sump pump works in the shelter? Are the two lids connected or do they allow for space between them in case a large piece of debris falls on top?

We don't supply the sump pump, but several of our customers have done it. Many companies have a one piece lid design, so if debris falls on the top and it's too heavy you only have one way to exit. We use a 2 piece lid, so if heavy debris is on one side, you could still possibly get out from the other lid. The 2 ton come along may be sufficient to get the debris off as well. One lid actually slides under the other lid. I hope that was clear.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On Amazon, I found this little personal safety device. It has both a siren and a strobe light and it's only $12. I'll put one of these in The Bunker. If we're trapped down there, I'll knock off the vent off, duct tape this to a stick, set the strobe and siren off and poke it up the hole until it annoys someone enough to rescue us.

31zsGguMOIL.jpg

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On Amazon, I found this little personal safety device. It has both a siren and a strobe light and it's only $12. I'll put one of these in The Bunker. If we're trapped down there, I'll knock off the vent off, duct tape this to a stick, set the strobe and siren off and poke it up the hole until it annoys someone enough to rescue us.

View attachment 29851

Do you have a link to this. I might order one too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom