Streamlight TLR-3 Weapon Light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As an early Christmas gift to myself I purchased a Streamlight TLR-3 Weapon Light.

I got it because I was looking for something that I could actually mount on my XD Sub-Compact .40. At under $100 ( $75 from MidwayUSA ) I couldn't see how I could go wrong.

So here is my inital feedback...

a. 90 lumens is definily enough to disorient a bad guy for a split second if you get it in their eyes, and in dark enough conditions I could see how it might cause a split second blindness.

b. The mount is really secure, and the suggested adapter key ( A ) works perfectly. I'll let it ride on the gun the next time I'm at the range to give a full report on how well it holds up to the shock and vibrations.

c. It extended a little farther past the barrel then I thought it would.

d. NO ONE seems to make a holster for it.

acmiyata.zenfolio.com_img_v4_p862666879_3.jpg

acmiyata.zenfolio.com_img_v5_p537232918_3.jpg

So far I'm pretty happy with my Streamlight, and I think next on my wish list will be a TLR-2 for my XDM.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i have the TLR1 mounted on my G-19 and i love it. i've shot maybe 100 rounds with the light attached and turned on and it never showed any signs of loosening from the mount or any other problems. i've been pretty impressed with the quality of streamlight so far. i think you'll be happy with your purchase. good luck with it.

steelhorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I realize this is an old thread but relevant to my Question: While I've not had the chance to compare them side by side, I am considering the Glock Light and the Streamlight TLR-3 for my Glock 19 as they are pretty close to the same price(about $70). I like the Sure-Fire lights but are they worth the price compared to the ones mentioned. Has anyone compared these side by side for a Glock 19 or are there better options currently for around the same price?

P.S. I should add that the Glock 19 will be use for Home Defense purposes and a holster is not needed but would like to keep it on the smaller side.

Last edited:

maxim240sx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I say throw in a few more dollars and get the TRL-1S. It has 160 lumen and a strobe function. I have it on my 19 bedside gun. Its very bright and can be had for around $105 on sale. The glock light is almost half the lumens for a few dollars less.

Latest posts

Top Bottom