Stupid Signs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have all seen those signs the highway dept puts out and wonder why. SW 104th goes west, under I-44, and just west of the On-Cue, there is an intersection and for weeks there has been a sign telling us that the guardrail is damaged. Every time I would pass that sign, I’d wonder how many drivers decided not to run into that since it was damaged. Well, yesterday I drove past and sure enough, some driver did just that. I guess those signs are truly important.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is N Main St coming out of Byng and intersecting (around the corner) with Hwy 377. There's a stop sign at this curve. There's no cross street, no crosswalk, no sidewalk, railroad crossing, no bike path...nothing to warrant a stop sign that I can figure. Yet there it is. You can see the other stop sign in the photo on the far left edge about in the center of the picture. That's the intersection with the highway. I've been scratching my head over this one since the first time I saw it. No...I don't stop at it.

1723941908175.png

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
c'est la vie. you don't think you're going to live forever do you? Just go casual, except what comes. If the guardrail goes through your skull do you think you will regret it? Nope. I worry about ending up in a nursing home, and you may think, if I can get my hands on my 45, I'm headed for the morgue, but you may not be able to get your hand on that 45. I had a friend that died at 46 from extreme excesses, he wasn't worried about going to a nursing home, hell he wasn't going to come close to that. I used to think what a shame, but now, maybe he was on to something. When his head hit the table in the gally of his sailboat because his heart had exploded, and everything got dark, he may have said the same last words as Gus McRea, "god, what a party."

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had these signs posted where we were supposed to park at work. I always questioned their sign selection process.
1724012140292.png
does the word ONLY cost more money?

1724012207443.png

Or if you really want to be an asshat, this only applies to police cars, all other cars can park here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom