Subcompact/Pocket pistols, which one should I go with?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This isn't really the answer you are looking for BUT the G19 AIWB is the best of all worlds. Save your money and buy some bourbon and a bunch of ammo

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk 5.3

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Carried a CW9 for several years. A heads up on the Kahrs is that there will likely be a learning curve to that trigger. It took me a lot of practice to feel proficient with it. I picked up a G43 last summer and it was like a duck to water for me. The G43 just shoots like a bigger gun. No, not as smooth a trigger as the Kahr but the shorter travel helps my grouping. Plus by adding a +2 mag extension I now have 8 round magazines instead of the 7 with the CW9.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So it's about neck and neck between the CM9 and G43.

I've had both pistols and still have the G43. I agree the Kahrs are fine pistols but I never could get used to that long ass trigger. Now the 43, on the other hand, shoots like my 19. That is a good thing IMO. Lots of guys love them Kahrs but the other negative I had with them was the mag design, it was too easy for a round to pop out of the things. For me, I can place shots where I want them with the 43 much faster and easier than with the CM9. And it's hard to beat Glocks magazines too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the 43 is small enough for your application, I would get it. The long trigger pull and reset on the Kahr is annoying, and hurts my split times. Also it's mags are more finicky... it is easy for front of the top round to get pushed down, causing a jam when you try to chamber it. The Kahr also likes to randdomly not lock back on empty. When I bought it I accepted that these limitations were the price of having a 9mm with decent sights and trigger in such a small size, but that was before the G43 was an option. I am strongly considering replacing it with a 43. The 43 is a bit larger, but as long as it will pocket carry in suit pants, I'll be happy.

David_M

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my m&p shield 9mm but if you are more of a Glock fan, then the G43 would probably be really similar for you. Both are very slim, lightweight, and still shoot great.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally, I don't have the issues shooting a Kahr that others have had but I've definitely put some rounds through my PM9. Outside of pocket carry, I will say that I'm also a fan of the XDS, had two, one in each caliber and regretted selling them. Picked up another in 9mm and am putting it through it's paces. To me... the XDS and Shield are a step above the 43 just because Glock refuses to put some halfway decent sights and trigger on their guns. Now they have been surpassed on several levels IMO. Just added a Walther PPS M2 the arsenal too, and while I have yet to test it out fully, the ergos and trigger are great.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The new Remington RM380 is a clone of the Rorhbaugh. I have found the RM380 for as low as 330. Wish they made it in a 9mm, might replace my LCP-C as a pocket gun.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a P938 and just bought the CM9 for the wife, the CM9 is decent. Stock trigger is around 6.5-7lbs, there is a spring kit that will drop it to 5.5lbs or so. You can also get the CM9 at Academy for $350 right now, that is where we got ours at.

Latest posts

Top Bottom