Subcompact/Pocket pistols, which one should I go with?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The G43 is not a gen 4 gun and whether or not it's blue label, will come with 2 mags. So it's a bit more than the Kahr...as we all know, there are compromises with any handgun. If you like the Kahr; fine. I prefer the 43 and the little bit extra $$ wasn't enough to deter my decision. Get the pistol YOU like best and be happy. I have had the Kahrs; still have the 43.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How many mags come with the G43? The CM9 is $150-$180 cheaper, but only comes with 1 mag. Kahr is proud of their mags too, around $30/pc.

2 as the usual. 1 mag with a new gun is a joke

This is correct. One will have the pinky extension, one won't.

I thought new Gen4s came with 3 mags standard? Was that only the blue?

My Gen4 19 came with 3 and it wasn't a Blue Label.

All Gen 4's ship with 3 mags, Gen 3 Blue Labels ship with 3 mags, non-BL Gen 3's ship with 2. The G42/43 aren't considered Gen 3 or 4 and ship with 2 mags.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gabe is correct. The G43 is not a gen 4 gun and whether or not it's blue label, will come with 2 mags. All actual Gen 4 Glocks do come with 3 mags. So the G43 is a bit more than the Kahr...as we all know, there are compromises with any handgun. If you like the Kahr; fine. I prefer the 43 and the little bit extra $$ wasn't enough to deter my decision. Get the pistol YOU like best and be happy. I have had the Kahrs; I still have the 43, and like the crap out of it. So I spent another $50 and bought 2 extra mags for it too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom