1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Suggestions for a new refrigerator

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hodrod, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Hodrod

Hodrod Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I think I'll keep the cost low and maybe spend the $10k on a Barrett 50

HoLeChit likes this.
  2. MilitantBEEMER

MilitantBEEMER Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    We plan on going the KitchenAid route when the time comes. We have a new dishwasher by them and it is OUTSTANDING. Our Whirlpool Elite is 7 years old and about on its last leg. Will not buy another.

Hodrod likes this.
  3. HoLeChit

HoLeChit Semper Fidelis

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I support this plan.

Hodrod likes this.
  4. Snattlerake

Snattlerake Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Before anyone says anything about me not taking the door off to be compliant with state law, the local scrap guy picked it up as I was setting it down on the curb.

Hodrod and Catt57 like this.
  5. Catt57

Catt57 Gill-Gun Guru

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    chadh2o, Hodrod and crrcboatz like this.
  6. Lakenut

Lakenut Sharpshooter

Say NO to sammysung! 5 years old and have had countless service calls on the dang ice maker. Had the extended warranty.... and was told that after 3 visits for the same issue in a calendar year that the unit would be deemed a lemon and the entire fridge would be replaced. Got to that point and the Lowe’s extended warranty folks said that they did away with that policy. I will never buy anything major from Lowe’s again!

side note- have a plain Jane Kenmore that serves as the beer fridge in the garage. 21 years strong w/o 1 single issue. The garage is one of the most hostile environments for a fridge to live in especially in the summer.

Hodrod likes this.
  7. John6185

John6185 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Kenmore used to be a dependable model years ago and they were also owned by Whirlpool. Times have changed...as well as appliances. My ex-MIL had a refrigerator that must have been built during the Depression, the ice maker was inside the refrig and needed periodic defrosting. Crosley I think. She died at 96 and the thing was still running well.

Hodrod likes this.
  8. MacFromOK

MacFromOK Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Kenmore could have been any number of mfrs. Sears went with the lowest bidder, but Whirlpool did make a lot of 'em.

We still have/use the Kenmore dryer that we bought in the '70s, but I have done some minor repairs to it over the years. For some reason, the mechanical timer is gettin' a bit noisy... :D
    :drunk2:

Hodrod likes this.
  9. Zaphod Beeblebrox

Zaphod Beeblebrox Sharpshooter

Supporter
    We bought a Frigidaire Gallery french door model from Hahn's a year ago. It's been great so far. It was between that one and Whirlpool, but the Frigidaire was a few hundred less in the finish we wanted (black stainless). EVERYONE said stay away from Samsung. They break, and parts are impossible to come by quick enough.

One thing I noticed on the Whirlpools I didn't care for was the inside icemaker on the french door models is YUGE. Takes up half the top shelf. The Frigidaire's maker is not nearly as big, but I have run out of ice in the summer while entertaining and mixing Moscow Mules...

Hodrod likes this.
  10. kirk1978

kirk1978 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I have had a Samsung for 10 years with no problems. It looks good on the outside but not much space on the inside, in the future we will go with a different brand.

Hodrod likes this.