Suit Filed to Stop Permitless Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, as far as I know (standard disclaimer that I'm not a lawyer) the only thing the SC could do is issue a temporary stay until they could hear the case. BUT... there is a lower court ruling that they don't have a case, so there would have to be something specific about the case on which to overrule it on appeal. I believe the standard is to assume the lower court got it right, unless there is some specific compelling argument that they didn't. I assume, like the Fed SC, they may decline to even consider the case without a compelling argument that the lower court ruling is incorrect. I think it's a higher standard than the lower court.

I could be wrong about any/all of that.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, as far as I know (standard disclaimer that I'm not a lawyer) the only thing the SC could do is issue a temporary stay until they could hear the case. BUT... there is a lower court ruling that they don't have a case, so there would have to be something specific about the case on which to overrule it on appeal. I believe the standard is to assume the lower court got it right, unless there is some specific compelling argument that they didn't. I assume, like the Fed SC, they may decline to even consider the case without a compelling argument that the lower court ruling is incorrect. I think it's a higher standard than the lower court.

I could be wrong about any/all of that.
Your correct. It's already been refused.
Ever ask mom for a ice cream cone and she said no so you go ask dad and end up getting your arse in trouble? lol

Last edited:

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Supreme Court just denied the emergency request for an injunction.
upload_2019-10-31_15-27-34.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom