Sunset in Santa Fe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anything in particular you might be looking for?
Many Years ago I got a used D40 and just last year got it out put to use it and found out it is not a happy camera.
Most of the time it thinks the lens is not attached and just does not want to take a picture.

I know it is old tech and surely there is some pocket sized camera today that will do way more than this Nikon and do it better.

Video would be nice to have image stabilization would be needed.

Mostly would like a camera that takes a nice crisp clear picture when I push the button.
Not some grainy off color image.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many Years ago I got a used D40 and just last year got it out put to use it and found out it is not a happy camera.
Most of the time it thinks the lens is not attached and just does not want to take a picture.

I know it is old tech and surely there is some pocket sized camera today that will do way more than this Nikon and do it better.

Video would be nice to have image stabilization would be needed.

Mostly would like a camera that takes a nice crisp clear picture when I push the button.
Not some grainy off color image.

The D40 was a good starter camera, but each one can have issues. I had a Nikon D700 that would throw black images when the temperatures got up to around 80 degrees. I even sent it in to Nikon to be fixed, but the technician didn't pay attention to my description of what was wrong and evidently didn't test the camera at warmer temperatures.

If you get a point-and-shoot camera, regardless of brand, try to get one with the best optical zoom capability. Digital zoom features don't do as good as optical when zooming.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
4A679354-5999-4B80-BC5C-DB59BA39F4C8.jpeg

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beautiful Pictures. I always threaten the wife that if we ever win the lottery I am moving to Santa Fe and will be wearing nothing but tye dye tunics and make candles or some other kind of hippie shiit to finish out my days

Latest posts

Top Bottom