I was tagged 4 times and then crashed into my 57 chevy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep that about sums it up.

Red Wasps.
I was cutting some low hanging branches on some cedar trees.
It was the end of the day and I thought I can cut a few more.

I drove down the trail I just mowed and thought That limb I just passed is a bit low so i get out of the 57 and leave the door open.
Grab the saw from the back and twist in my extension handle and walk to the cedar ans begin cutting the limb.

8 seconds in and something tagged me on my neck I reach up and grabbed it and crushed it in my hands and tossed it to the ground.
A RED WASP!.
I stepped forward 3 feet to crush it into the ground with my boot.
Well that put me right under the wasp nest.

I got swarmed and they began stinging my arms and i took off running and flailing my arms to shuck them off of me.

Not looking where I was going I ran right into the opened driver door of the 57 Chevy car.
My left knee clobbered the the door where the lock latch is and the upper part of the door tried breaking my ribs.

Hit so fast and hard I buckled over the edge of the door and left foot was off the ground and I spun around and off the door right to the ground.

Hurt so bad i could not even run away I had to pull my hat off and stay put and fight the red suckers off.
Once I could muster a limp I went back and got my saw out of the limb.

I will return and finish that cutting job and finish 4 nests of red wasps I know of.

One good thing came from this.
Last time a red got me I got a bunch of blisters come up on my back like 20 or more the size of a cut in 1/2 ping pong ball.

I got all itchy inside my skin also.

I chewed up some Benadryl and took off running.
This round of reds did not send my body into anaphylaxis shock Nice to know.

Video of that would have been hilarious.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was cutting weeds a few years back and was stung on the ankle. I started toward the house and started getting dizzy but I made it in and collapsed. Blood pressure dropped to 60/40 and I managed to give myself an anaphylaxis shot in the thigh, ambulance came and I was transported to the hospital, observed and released.
Since then I have underwent a series of weekly injections at the Okla Allergy Clinic and have been stung once without adverse effects. I didn’t know RedWasps had hives under the ground.
Now, I don’t know what would happen if I were stung so many years have passed.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep that about sums it up.

Red Wasps.
I was cutting some low hanging branches on some cedar trees.
It was the end of the day and I thought I can cut a few more.

I drove down the trail I just mowed and thought That limb I just passed is a bit low so i get out of the 57 and leave the door open.
Grab the saw from the back and twist in my extension handle and walk to the cedar ans begin cutting the limb.

8 seconds in and something tagged me on my neck I reach up and grabbed it and crushed it in my hands and tossed it to the ground.
A RED WASP!.
I stepped forward 3 feet to crush it into the ground with my boot.
Well that put me right under the wasp nest.

I got swarmed and they began stinging my arms and i took off running and flailing my arms to shuck them off of me.

Not looking where I was going I ran right into the opened driver door of the 57 Chevy car.
My left knee clobbered the the door where the lock latch is and the upper part of the door tried breaking my ribs.

Hit so fast and hard I buckled over the edge of the door and left foot was off the ground and I spun around and off the door right to the ground.

Hurt so bad i could not even run away I had to pull my hat off and stay put and fight the red suckers off.
Once I could muster a limp I went back and got my saw out of the limb.

I will return and finish that cutting job and finish 4 nests of red wasps I know of.

One good thing came from this.
Last time a red got me I got a bunch of blisters come up on my back like 20 or more the size of a cut in 1/2 ping pong ball.

I got all itchy inside my skin also.

I chewed up some Benadryl and took off running.
This round of reds did not send my body into anaphylaxis shock Nice to know.

Precisely what I was thinking.

:laugh6: :laugh6: :laugh6:

Latest posts

Top Bottom