Super quiet round for nuisance animals.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duckhunter39480

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the weather warms retire to the farthest room in your house where you can still the area well enough to be safe. From an open door or window (screen removed) and as far away as you can get obtain a good rest; shoot the rifle from inside. The only thing the neighbors will hear is the supersonic crack from the bullet. Standard shorts will reduce this and the regular CB caps will eliminate it. Unless you do this frequently and at times when your neighbors are present, the only thing that will happen is that the cat population will slowly decline. Make too much noise or leave a cat howling as if had been shot may bring unwanted attention. You may need a spotter to watch for unwanted people traffic in the area of operations; safety first

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you need some of that 22 that only uses the primer for a charge. i used to buy it from Sam. sounds like a pellet gun.
.22 Colibri. It’s quieter than an air rifle, but they’re strictly handgun only; there’s a definite risk that they won’t clear a rifle barrel.

For rifles, I’d go with .22 CB. They’re not as quiet as the Colibris, but they carry a lot more energy.

FWIW, a .22 Colibri will terminate a tarantula without damaging the brick on which it’s sitting, but I doubt it would be more than a nuisance to anything bigger than a mouse.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been using the CCI 22 short CB in my Ruger Bearcat revolver for years for 'euthanasia". Just be sure to practice the 3-S's.... Shoot, Shovel, and Shutup. ie, had a neighbor once that had another neighbor's dog climb onto his pool cover.....fell thru and drowned. He, neighborly, contacted the owner to let them know what happened........ended up getting sued.

Also use birdshot shells in that Ruger for snakes in the lily pond by the house and snakes in the chicken coop. Don't have to be a very good shot ...just a little close.

Latest posts

Top Bottom