Supposed Misconduct with a Firearm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Trees do not make a solid backstop. There is always a chance that a bullet might make it through them without hitting one. A quarter mile? Thats way to close! All of my shooting is done at over a quarter mile.
I hate to say this but you probably need a new place to shoot.

Michael

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma Statutes Citationized
**Title 21. Crimes and Punishments
****Chapter 53 - Manufacture, Sale, and Wearing of Weapons
******Oklahoma Firearms Act of 1971
********Section*1289.11 - Reckless Conduct
Cite as: O.S. §, __ __

It shall be unlawful for any person to engage in reckless conduct while having in his or her possession any shotgun, rifle or pistol, such actions consisting of creating a situation of unreasonable risk and probability of death or great bodily harm to another, and demonstrating a conscious disregard for the safety of another person. Any person convicted of violating the provisions of this section shall be punished as provided in Section 1289.15 of this title.

Any person convicted of a violation of the provisions of this section after having been issued a concealed handgun license pursuant to the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act, Sections 1 through 25 of this act, shall have the license revoked and shall be subject to an administrative fine of One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00), upon a hearing and determination by the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation that the person is in violation of the provisions of this section.

Dude you might be screwed. You may have created unreasonable risk with the trailers being so close and shooting in their direction. You also may have demonstrated conscious disregard due to continuing with this activity after repeated visits from the law dogs. Better lawyer up son! Just be glad you didn't shoot someone with your reckless behavior.

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are we so mainstream that we are attracting trolls now?!?!?!
i411.photobucket.com_albums_pp197_rockhoward08_fuuuuu.jpg

jmoney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmmm, You write that on Monday you get your court date.. if I remember right, when your court date is set your attorney may enter a not guilty plea at that time... whether he does or not... you wouldn't be able to show any evidence to support your case.

I can't give you legal advice, but I can give you sensible advice.... with a $5,000 bail, your probably looking at a felony charge or a serious Misd.. You sure don't want to try and defend yourselves. An attorny will get any experts lined-up if needed. More than likely, he would delay & put the trial off for as long as possible in order to give witnesses a chance to get cloudy memories, die of natural causes or move away... and then try and plea the charge down to a lesser offense.

The State / County will probably want to fine the heck out of you. The County would rather have your fine money coming in, than be out the cost of your incarceration / room & board. For now if you don't have a attorney, you have the right to remain silent.. that is good advice to heed.. let your attorney do the talking for you.

this is good advice

Latest posts

Top Bottom