Supposed Misconduct with a Firearm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
not saying that david is wrong, but I thought there was houses beyond the berms at happy hollow, if thats true and these guys had sufficient backstop, why would hh be allowed to have ppl there to shoot and these guys arent allowed? granted probably should have gotten the officers names that gave u tthe ok and maybe asked after the first incident who was capable of making a offical decision. just my 20 pennies

because HH was there first and Okla. passed a law a few years ago that established gun ranges couldn't be shut down because a developer wanted to build some houses down the road. The law has kept a bunch of ranges from being closed down. including HH and Oil Capital.

Note: An established range is a commercial or private club range. Not a dirt pile on your back 40.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
because HH was there first and Okla. passed a law a few years ago that established gun ranges couldn't be shut down because a developer wanted to build some houses down the road. The law has kept a bunch of ranges from being closed down. including HH and Oil Capital.

Note: An established range is a commercial or private club range. Not a dirt pile on your back 40.

Ed, Do you know specifically what law that was and when it passed? I hadn't ever heard of it before, but it's great news. I guess there would still be a liability / insurance issue, but at least legally they couldn't get one shut down.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A quarter of a mile? LOL

Why was the bail only 5k?

A quarter mile? Seriously?

You guys have to be some of the most ignorant shooters around,

That or you just dont give a crap.

Thats just negligent. You should have been arrested.

53convert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We fire in a slight downward angle towards the rv park(witch is quarter mile away, uphill and has a signifigant amount of trees between us)

Your own words........ you fire towards the RV park which is a 1/4 mile away, with rifles.

And you wonder why you were arrested.

Rifle bullets have a minimun of 1 mile range..............

and you wonder why you were arrested............

Your shooting DOWNHILL.............and yet you wonder why the law is intrested in you........

You got problems bud.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ed, Do you know specifically what law that was and when it passed? I hadn't ever heard of it before, but it's great news. I guess there would still be a liability / insurance issue, but at least legally they couldn't get one shut down.
late 80's early 90's when housing additions were popping up next to long established ranges across the country and getting them shut down. I don't know how to look it up.
Gun ranges were having a problem of being purposely shut down by the antigun groups thru this method. kind of like the holyrollers that open fly by night churches in strip centers by girly bars in an attempt to get them shut down for being too close to a church.

Latest posts

Top Bottom