Supposed Misconduct with a Firearm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These days, gun ranges face a unbelievable amount of envionmental and safety regulations... commercial ranges also pay one heck of a insurance premium.

I've known of outdoor ranges with 30 foot birms having had the EPA come in.. shut down the range and then made the owner pay to mine the lead out of their birms so that the lead wouldn't leach into near by streams or into a shallow water table used as well / drinking water.

It was almost 20 yrs ago that the Oklahoma County Sheriff's office raised their 30 ft dirt birms another 20 feet using barrels of ground-up tires.. because a 9mm bullet had skipped over the birm and went though a woman's kitchen window a mile downrange.. landing in a pan and spinning around like a ball in a roulette wheel.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live on the outskirts of guthrie my house is at the bottom of a hill. Me and my roomates have been firing our rifles since october, we havent had any problems till end of january when a resident at the trailer park claimed his rv was shot and almost hit by another round police came out got our info etc. they came back and told us the man said it must have been a branch. We kept shooting over a period of time cops came out every time few said we had a good back stop others said no. Last friday me and two of my roomates were locked up for misuce of firearm and had a 5000 dollar bail each. monday we find our court date. We fire in a slight downward angle towards the rv park(witch is quarter mile away, uphill and has a signifigant amount of trees between us) we see our bullets hit dirt.
It would be nice to have someone come out who could give some what of a professional stand point on this that we could use in court if necissary. apparently hunters education and common sence dosn't deem me fit to make this decison. if you can help out it would be nice 4054711721

"Apparently hunters education and common sence dosn't" help... who'd a thunk it? :anyone:

I'd say you need a lawyer. Go buy a lottery tickey while you're at it, because you're lucky you didn't kill someone.

I'm not sure how many people have to get shot while sitting on their tractors or minding their own business to make people really consider their backstops? Even when warned by neighbors and police and it still doesn't take hold... wow.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A RV park only 1/4 mile behind where they were shooting... WOW! My 30-06 will put a hole the diameter of my thumb 1-1 1/2" deep in a 2" thick steel plate @ 250 meters. My 5.56 NATO / 223 Rem will cut a perfect hole through a 1/4" steel plate like it was toilet paper @ 100 meters. A box of 22 LR's reads that they have a deadly range of up to 1 1/2 miles [with the right angle of elevation]. Shooting at a [[[slight]]] downward angle... with the trailer park up hill behind that... sounds like a classic ricochet angle of deflection to me. My rear-end would be puckered so tight right now that you couldn't drive a 10-penny nail up it with a 5 pound sledge hammer... if I was in his situation.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We fire in a slight downward angle towards the rv park(witch is quarter mile away, uphill and has a signifigant amount of trees between us)

The word "Towards" really concerns me here. If you know there are people a 1/4 of a mile away and still you shoot in that direction....wow. Just cause you can get away with something, doesn't mean it is a good idea. Hope the court case works out for you and you find a better shooting area. Even a .22lr can go further than that. Christ man use some sense..the law came multiple times.

had a guy shooting on the other side of a large hill one time with a .45acp pistol, the slugs would richoet and land on my side of the hill. It happens. Think about what could happen, not what doesn't. No reason to take a chance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom