1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Suppressors and timing

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by HoLeChit, Jan 13, 2021.

1. HoLeChit

HoLeChit Semper Fidelis

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Well, ammo is too scarce and expensive right now. Might as well invest into something else while I wait for prices to go down and availability to go up.

two questions:

I’m wanting two suppressors. One for my .17 and 22LR rimfires, one multi cal for my 223-x51/x39 stuff. Suggestions? I was looking at the wolverine pbs-1 perhaps.

questions two: I’m open to opinions, as opposed to facts I suppose. Timing: Is it worth the effort to try and file for stamps/buy these fine firearm accessories with the coming administration?

2. adamsredlines

adamsredlines Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I hope so because I have a few in jail and would like a few more. I'm gonna be pissed if they say "sorry, too late".

I went with a Switchback for my 17WSM and would like to add a Sparrow too. I did a 36M for the multical.

DO IT! The longer you wait the more unlikely it becomes!

dennishoddy and Blue Heeler like this.
  3. amcardon

amcardon Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    ATF jail is pretty short right now. Depending on if you're filing personal or trust it could be as little as 6 months, which is the shortest it's been in a long time.

I've only got 1 22 suppressor, a Sig SRD22X which I really like. My favorite "all around" can is also a Sig SRD762QD which is awesome. I like my SilencerCo Saker can, but I like the Sig more.

As a side note, I'm also a big fan of Silencer Shop out of Texas. Good prices and lots of dealers up here that work with them, some that you can even have "conjugal visits" and shoot with your can while it's still in jail :-)

Loaded45, dennishoddy and MacFromOK like this.
  4. MacFromOK

MacFromOK Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Lol, now that was funny. :D
    :drunk2:

Rez Exelon likes this.
  5. 16colt

16colt Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    For .22, I really like my Dead Air Mask.

6. BZTactical

BZTactical New to the site!

SilencerCo Hybrid46
    Multi caliber up to 45-70
    Magnum rated
    Pistols as well
    Almost any rifle or pistol one can
    Interchangeable end caps
    Piston kit for semi pistols
    In stock

7. HoLeChit

HoLeChit Semper Fidelis

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I hadn’t looked at suppressor prices in a while. Looks like I’m gonna spend as much on a suppressor as I would on the S&W 610 I’ve been listing after plus mods. Looks like I’m getting a suppressor. Maybe both. Who knows.

8. HoLeChit

HoLeChit Semper Fidelis

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    If you guys were to compromise: which direction would you lean? Getting a rimfire suppressor that would work for your 9mm handguns and a dedicated rifle suppressor, or a dedicated rimfire suppressor and a suppressor to work for your 9mm handguns up to x51 rifles? It seems like a tough choice to me. With my rifles I don’t care as much about length, but with my rimfires and pistols I definitely do.

9. k4ylr

k4ylr Sharpshooter

You will want a dedicated 22lr can so you can clean it. Then buy a hybrid 46 or something if you want a do it all.

Matt Giroux and Gunbuffer like this.
  10. Loaded45

Loaded45 New to the site!

I definitely recommend going through Silencer Shop as well. I just went through them for my 1st can and the experience was painless. Paid for the can and tax stamp online, did my fingerprints through a kiosk and uploaded the photo through their app. Sign the emailed form4 and wait. Couldn’t have been any easier!