Taurus Judge questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying a Judge and know nothing about them. Looking at Taurus' site I see several models and one that even chambers .454. Give me some info on the Judge.

reade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that problem has been resolved. There was a murder about a block away from my son in laws the other night, I'm asking for him. His buddy was telling him to get an AR, I'm thinking the Judge would be a better choice with houses all around them.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You are correct. The shotgun pellets will not overpenetrate through his walls into neighbors homes. Plus, if needs be, he can go big bore lead slug.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that problem has been resolved. There was a murder about a block away from my son in laws the other night, I'm asking for him. His buddy was telling him to get an AR, I'm thinking the Judge would be a better choice with houses all around them.

If that's the case, get a 12 gauge mossy 500 and call it good.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was a murder about a block away from my son in laws the other night, I'm asking for him. His buddy was telling him to get an AR, I'm thinking the Judge would be a better choice with houses all around them.

Before deciding on what platform; AR, handgun, shotgun etc...I'd be asking/assessing what platform he is trained and equipped to handle.

If I loved my son-in-law (or at least the daughter who married him), I wouldn't tell him to get a Judge. IMHO the Judge it is a trinket/talisman/toy that is enjoying great success from ill-informed consumers and Hollywood product placement. The .410 has never, in the history of martial combat, been considered a man-stopper and it never will be in my book...especially not stuffed inside a short barreled revolver.

If a scattergun fits his skills, abilities and mission then I would suggest a proper 12 or 20Ga long gun.

reade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies so far and the opinion is welcome too. Thats why I'm asking before going further. As far as training, they both have little to none. I am planning on taking them both out soon and spending some time with a hand gun. We had been planning this before the murder last Sunday night.

I was wondering about a 20 gauge too. Might be easier for my daughter to handle. I know a 12 with 00 is a son of a gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom