Taurus Judge questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bird shot from a judge is for birds. Same target, same distance.
What do I have to do? Buy a pork butt, and put some denim in front if it to prove the issue? Cuz you know I will. Lol!

Now you're on to something...

Denim, pigskin (with a layer of fat) for the skin and fat, followed by some pork butt for the muscle, then a layer of ribs for, well, the ribs, then some more meat or liver for the internal organs....Make us a faux-human out of pig parts and rock it!

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Denim, pigskin (with a layer of fat) for the skin and fat, followed by some pork butt for the muscle, then a layer of ribs for, well, the ribs, then some more meat or liver for the internal organs....Make us a faux-human out of pig parts and rock it!

Be sure to load the sealed stomach with coke and pop rocks for effect... It's pretty damn hilarious

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Your recipe is designed to fail.

Your internals (in the chest)are only a few inches under the skin, and a set of soft ribs is all that needs to be penetrated before the organs are penetrated.

Gut shots are another issue. Obese individuals have taken rounds from pistols without any internal damage.

I'll set up a scenario using some pork butt and denim, and smoke/eat the results in exaltation of a victory! :D

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your recipe is designed to fail.

Your internals (in the chest)are only a few inches under the skin, and a set of soft ribs is all that needs to be penetrated before the organs are penetrated.

Gut shots are another issue. Obese individuals have taken rounds from pistols without any internal damage.

I'll set up a scenario using some pork butt and denim, and smoke/eat the results in exaltation of a victory! :D

You'd have to penetrate more than a set of soft ribs....skin, fat, muscle and THEN ribs.

At least put a layer of ribs in front of the pork butt (but even that isn't accurate since we don't have exoskeletons.)

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, while it is all good to discuss ballistics, I live with a slightly different situation. I live in an RV and since RV's tend to be parked near other RV's, if I have to shoot at a bad guy, I'd hate for a bullet to go flying through...oh, how many.....2 inch walls?

While the Judge is not my choice of "primary" weapon, in our circumstances it would suffice to hold off bad guys while the wife was getting me the 12 ga or the .45.....

.....or using them herself.

Now, having said that, I'm now looking forward to the pig test.

Jesse Pinkman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would strongly recommend the Judge as a home defense gun...

For any elderly senior citizen who has the shakes really bad and can't hit the bathroom door down at the end of the hall with a two-handed aim.

For everyone else, there are better options.

Latest posts

Top Bottom