Taurus Judge questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If that's the case, get a 12 gauge mossy 500 and call it good.

This.

Mossberg makes a .410 pump for home defense that might be good if a smaller person might want to use it.

http://www.mossberg.com/products/shotguns/500-special-purpose/500-hs410

If she can handle a twenty that would be better.

Long guns are easier to hit the target with. Hitting what you are aiming at is very important in defending yourself.

A handgun isn't bad, it is just easier to use a long gun. The judge is not a bad choice.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Think I'll start looking at 20 gauge shotguns.

It's hard to cover all of the bases with only one firearm. If they don't have a gun safe, then the 20 gauge well, I don't want to lead you wrong...You're going to get a lot of good advice on this subject, enjoy it. It's all very interesting. And there are very, very knowledgeable people here.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This.

Mossberg makes a .410 pump for home defense that might be good if a smaller person might want to use it.

http://www.mossberg.com/products/shotguns/500-special-purpose/500-hs410

If she can handle a twenty that would be better.

Long guns are easier to hit the target with. Hitting what you are aiming at is very important in defending yourself.

A handgun isn't bad, it is just easier to use a long gun. The judge is not a bad choice.

I don't like the Judge because it is so damned big.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's hard to cover all of the bases with only one firearm.

Yeah that's the tough part. If they have a limited budget and are looking for something for the home AND for carry outside the home (OP said car carry, I'm assuming legal carry under a permit) then a handgun is about it.

I'd get a quality high capacity 9mm and a training class for each of them. Even the slightest woman, or fella LOL, can handle a 9mm with proper training AND mindset.

reade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like I mentioned, I'm going to start spending time with them a a G17 Glock. It was what I was thinking to begin with (G 19 actually) but with houses less than 10 feet on either side thats why the Judge crossed my mind.

Guess we need to go shoot the 9mm and I'll bring my shotgun (12 g) too just to see if my daughter likes it. Maybe I can find a 20 to borrow. Hmmm, a lot to think about.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Reade, normally I wouldn't say this, but you wanted advice. My credo is that if it's not on me, it's in the safe. I never, never, never ever leave a gun in the house unless it's locked up the the safe. I would not want to enter my home and get shot with one of my own guns if I came in during a burglary. If your son in law and daughter can't secure their firearms, think well about it...

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep in mind that whatever they select, it will only be effective if they can get to it before the bad guy gets to them. I know it seems self evident, but the choice of weapon is only one part of a defensive plan.

Latest posts

Top Bottom