Taurus Judge questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do any of the persons posting negatively about the Judge actually own one? Have you done any testing with the new SD ammo designed for the short barreled Judge? Have any of you put it across a Chrono?

I suspect not, and don't post up the antiquated box o truth link. It doesn't hold water, pardon the pun.

I do and I have. Its a viable SD revolver. Its limits are the 5 shot cylinder, but S&W does make a 6 shot model.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do any of the persons posting negatively about the Judge actually own one? Have you done any testing with the new SD ammo designed for the short barreled Judge? Have any of you put it across a Chrono?

I suspect not, and don't post up the antiquated box o truth link. It doesn't hold water, pardon the pun.

I do and I have. Its a viable SD revolver. Its limits are the 5 shot cylinder, but S&W does make a 6 shot model.

Dont own one. Wouldnt own one. My experience is limited to shooting my BILs. While it can shoot a decent cartridge (45 LC), i have found the 410 shells wholly inadequate in comparison to other, more capable, platforms.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I own a Smith Governor. I freaking love it. You're absolutely right about the purpose built ammo. The Winchester DPX1 copper disk load is an absolute showstopper. Ballistics comparable to one shell equaling five rounds of .38spl at once (within specified distance) The biggest downside to the Judge (while very fun to shoot) is the fact it comes off Taurus' assembly line with some of the most shoddy quality control in the industry.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I own a Smith Governor. I freaking love it. You're absolutely right about the purpose built ammo. The Winchester DPX1 copper disk load is an absolute showstopper. Ballistics comparable to one shell equaling five rounds of .38spl at once (within specified distance) The biggest downside to the Judge (while very fun to shoot) is the fact it comes off Taurus' assembly line with some of the most shoddy quality control in the industry.

I got mine several years ago and hated it using the shotgun ammo designed for long barrels. I've got the SS 3X3. Other than the stamped trigger, its not bad for FNF. The grip really absorbs the recoil.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Admittedly not with this new self defense ammo.

The Judge got a terrible reputation using the old ammo. I posted a range report on this forum when I first got it, and considered it a toy.

Did a second report and it was night and day difference. The manufacturers really stepped up.
I have a pretty good selection. I might have to do a new range report.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think that problem has been resolved. There was a murder about a block away from my son in laws the other night, I'm asking for him. His buddy was telling him to get an AR, I'm thinking the Judge would be a better choice with houses all around them.

You should go to The Box of Truth. That dude does some tests with the Judge and the results look pretty crappy.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You should go to The Box of Truth. That dude does some tests with the Judge and the results look pretty crappy.

And I also posted earlier that the box o truth is antiquated, and not respective of the new SD ammo. Water jugs are a poor example of ballistics, unless he has updated his report recently.

Latest posts

Top Bottom