Taurus Judge questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What is the allure of this type of revolver? The fact that it can fire shotgun ammo as well? The barrel is so short, yet the gun is quiete large. It can't be easily concealed, except in cold weather. It's a good home defense system, in that during a home invasion it will be used at point blank range. On board ammunition is limited. But point blank, the injury would be horrific. Maybe I'm anwering my own question, haha!

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What is the allure of this type of revolver? The fact that it can fire shotgun ammo as well? The barrel is so short, yet the gun is quiete large. It can't be easily concealed, except in cold weather. It's a good home defense system, in that during a home invasion it will be used at point blank range. On board ammunition is limited. But point blank, the injury would be horrific. Maybe I'm anwering my own question, haha!
Just looks fun to shoot. I don't think I'd want to trust my life to it with so many more viable options out there.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The absence of it in the military or LEO doesn't disqualify it as a home SD round. Not a fair assessment of the platform, or its intended use.

The .38 using one projectile at sub 1K fps is lacking in the Judge putting 5, .32 cal rounds entering the body at over 1K fps. Heavy cover on the perp will reduce the effectiveness of every pistol round including the .45acp that we all know will take off legs and arms with a near miss.

The velocity that Winchester states on the box of PDX1 .410 is 750fps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom