Tell me about Kahr pistols.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a Kahr CW45. It carried well, but I ended up selling it to fund a better gun. I didn't care for the long trigger and numb reset. and the grip serrations sucked.

I won't buy another Kahr. There are much better choices out there.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I finally got my CM9 to the range last weekend. It is just outstanding. I can hit with it just about as well as I can with my full size. I am much more confident in my ability to get hits and the cartridge's ability to stop a threat than I am with my Kel Tec .380, which was my previous pocket gun. This will definitely be replacing it in that role. It is small enough for discrete pocket carry in any of my pants... it even fits one of the pocket holsters I used to use on the Kel Tec. It was $330... cheaper than most J-frames I was looking at, yet is smaller, slimmer, higher capacity, loads quicker, has a better trigger, and can fire slightly more potent loads with the hot +p+ 9 loads. Anyway, great gun, highly recommended.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just picked up a CM9 as well, as a step up in performance to my EDC P3AT. I haven't held it side by side with the wife's KT PF9, but recall it being smaller when I shopped for her purse gun (She wanted a light and grip that fit her hand. The KT was perfect).
I don't need add ons and wanted the smallest pocket 9mm pistol. No way it'll be a easy to carry as the P3 in a hip pocket holster, but reliability and the significant step up in performance is worth it to me. I just ordered a tacky pocket holster from a Kahrforum rec. will report on how it works.

FreeSpiritBalloon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update on my CM9 experience. I got the Handall Jr grip sleeve and love it. I got the mag plate finger extension which work on the 6 and 7 round but the 8 round hangs down below the frame so it doesn't help with that gap. The first 150-200 rounds were mostly reliable just firing 1 magazine a week to keep current with it. I used it at the last carry gun match at Heartland and was very disappointed in its reliability. I am pleased with its accuracy under pressure and on the move but to trust my life to it, it must feed. 50% of the time with 3 different mags, the nose of the blazer brass 115 grain hung on the feed ramp. Now I could use some suggestions from those of you with more Kahr experience. Do I need to run a few hundred more rounds through it to finish breaking it in?
Have the feed ramp polished?
Send it back to Kahr?

Looking at the angle of the rounds in the mags, the top one is angled up but the rest point horizontal which makes me think they aren't tipping up when they get to the top so they aren't at the right angle when they start toward the barrel.
I don't think they would have this problem if they were all at the tip up angle in the mag.

I really want to trust and keep it.
It is very accurate and comfortable in a Crossbreed quick tuck holster.
I appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks
Keith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it hanging up during a reload or just randomly through the mag? Also, are you loading the mag into the gun with the slide closed? I know my kahr will nose dive the first round if I put in a mag if the slide is closed or if I try to slingshot it. Kahrs must be loaded with an open slide and use the slide lock to chamber the first round in my experience.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Its been some time since I owned a Kahr, and it was an all steel model. I just put on lay-a-way another, plus several magazines! H&L's in McAlester has plenty of magazines for all model Kahr's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom