Tell me where you buy cast bullets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This absolutely proves it doesn't matter what type of service you provide, some people are only worried about saving "a buck or two". :bah:

I know I said that I'm trying to reload for as cheap as possible, but I'm willing to pay a little more for better/faster service. If people keep screwing up my order, taking forever to ship, or whatnot then that's less time spent shooting my bullets.

On your site you said that you shot your 147 gr 9mm bullets in USPSA Production. Why those instead of 124gr or 115 or whatever?

E: I'm asking because I've always wanted to do IDPA and now that I can practice more I might give it a shot.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know I said that I'm trying to reload for as cheap as possible, but I'm willing to pay a little more for better/faster service. If people keep screwing up my order, taking forever to ship, or whatnot then that's less time spent shooting my bullets.

On your site you said that you shot your 147 gr 9mm bullets in USPSA Production. Why those instead of 124gr or 115 or whatever?

We shoot Mitch's 124gr 9mm bullets in competitons. Not a single problem with them.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

E: I'm asking because I've always wanted to do IDPA and now that I can practice more I might give it a shot.

I started shooting our 147gr. 9mm bullet in Production Class USPSA around last September or so. I got very good accuracy with slower and mid-range powders. Further, the perceived recoil was less snappy than the lighter bullets. Now, we have approximately 20 local shooters using this bullet for production class.

Which weight of a bullet to use is an arbitrary issue with reloaders. I am a fan of heavier bullets. Some prefer lighter bullets.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cheapest I've found are my homegrown, but all I've ever heard was good reviews for J&K.
I used to buy from the predecessor back when I shot competitivley and didn't have time to cast mine.
Plus you're buying local.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cheapest I've found are my homegrown, but all I've ever heard was good reviews for J&K.

In my apartment, figuring out how to deal with a reloading setup was enough. I don't think I could accommodate a casting setup as well.

Plus you're buying local.

I finally registered my car in OK so I guess I should start supporting local business.

Also I need to pick a side in this whole OU/OSU thing, but that's for another thread.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1

I'd also add that a couple extra bucks spent with good people is a no brainer. The one time I ordered from J&K and the times I've met them at the gun show they were more then happy to have my business even as small as it was

Ty-

For the level of quality, service & all around great guyness that Mitch provides, I'd not hesitate giving him my business even if his prices were higher (Mitch, that doesn't mean raise prices).

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is very true, and were I in his shoes, Id probably go with the 125gr LRNFP bullets from JK. If there is no need for ultimate score, the RN and SWC bullets are much easier to deal with in all aspects.

Thanks for this. I had no idea wadcutters were harder to reload, and I'm really lazy.

J&K Bullet Casters said:
For clarity, my comment wasn't directed towards you at all.

No worries. Order will be inbound when I shoot through the small stock of Berry's plated I have.

When will you guys be in Tulsa next? Gun show admission is about the same as shipping.

Latest posts

Top Bottom