Tell me where you buy cast bullets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No worries. Order will be inbound when I shoot through the small stock of Berry's plated I have.

When will you guys be in Tulsa next? Gun show admission is about the same as shipping.

It will probably be two weeks from Saturday for the USSA Pro Am match and then again a week later for the USSA USPSA match on Saturday and Rifle match on Sunday. Just give me a holler and I'll bring up whatever you guys need.

ETA: After that, we will be up there for the Wanenmacher gun show on November 13-14.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I buy cast bullets, they are mostly from J&K. Mitch makes a better product than most I have tried. The exception is from Black Bullets, they make a moly lubed bullet that I like for pistol caliber carbine loads. I load some of their 165 grain swc moly lubed bullets in 40sw using accurate #7 powder. I get a substantial increase in velocity in the carbine length barrel with this combination and very good accuracy. I still cast most of the calibers I shoot, but at Mitches prices, I had rather buy them from him. Blitzfike

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another note on the Berry's hbwc that J&K sells, they make a very impressive looking giant hollow point when loaded inverted. Back in the '70s we used to load the 148 grain hbwc inverted as a self defence load in the model 36SW revolvers. They would expand very well at the lower pressures in the mild 38 spl loads best for those small frame wheel guns. The berry's don't expand quite as well at the lower pressures, but by careful load development, they make an impressive cartridge for personal defense at close range.. Blitzfike

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another note on the Berry's hbwc that J&K sells, they make a very impressive looking giant hollow point when loaded inverted. Back in the '70s we used to load the 148 grain hbwc inverted as a self defence load in the model 36SW revolvers. They would expand very well at the lower pressures in the mild 38 spl loads best for those small frame wheel guns. The berry's don't expand quite as well at the lower pressures, but by careful load development, they make an impressive cartridge for personal defense at close range.. Blitzfike

I've heard about loading HBWCs backwards.

Right now my M38 is loaded with Nyclads which are based on a very similar concept (soft lead with a giant hollowpoint)

Latest posts

Top Bottom