Texas has required number of signatures 25,000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sure, but who? Can you name one legitimate economist, who isn't making a profit from spreading the news, who is actually predicting a collapse? Not a double dip recession or even a depression, but a collapse?

Well, I didn't restrict it to economists, and there will be a continuous argument about the legitimacy (for example, I question the legitimacy of ANY of the current Administration's economists) but there are several who are discussing a collapse. Let me see if I can drag up a few names to discuss....

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope, not in control of ALL the people in this country. Just the right wing zealots who believe their own propaganda and now think they have a big secessionist movement going. :loser:
Everybody else knew exactly what was going to happen on election day.

Oh, OK, yer right, no wait, my apologies, I mean left, which means......I don't care.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if Texas will want all of it's original land back?

http://www.trulytexas.com/hf-1836.html

ep_yimg_com_ca_I_yhst_33631486045590_2233_106730939_.gif

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I didn't restrict it to economists, and there will be a continuous argument about the legitimacy (for example, I question the legitimacy of ANY of the current Administration's economists) but there are several who are discussing a collapse. Let me see if I can drag up a few names to discuss....

I, personally, would restrict it to economists. I wouldn't ask my doctor to diagnose a problem with my truck's engine and I'm sure not going to ask a journalist or radio entertainer to diagnose a massive and complex global economy.

But that aside, I'd like to see what you come up with....this is an interesting topic. Lots of doom and gloom out there but everyone I see peddling it either doesn't have a real understanding of how complex this massive economy is or they stand to benefit politically/financially. Often both.

Stan Upchurch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This country has already fought a long and deadly war about this issue. It cost us more U.S. lives than any war we fought. And the result was that succession is unacceptable under the Constitution of the United States. When will we begin to learn from our history, so that future generations do not have to suffer for our foolishness? It grieves me to hear people seriously consider this issue. Many of us in this country served in unpopular wars to keep the ideas of freedom and responsibility alive. For many the cost was their lives blood on the field of battle. This fooliishness is disrespectful to their sacrifice. They died so that we would be United. I'll for these sucessionests, that they remember the true cost for freedom.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This country has already fought a long and deadly war about this issue. It cost us more U.S. lives than any war we fought. And the result was that succession is unacceptable under the Constitution of the United States. When will we begin to learn from our history, so that future generations do not have to suffer for our foolishness? It grieves me to hear people seriously consider this issue. Many of us in this country served in unpopular wars to keep the ideas of freedom and responsibility alive. For many the cost was their lives blood on the field of battle. This fooliishness is disrespectful to their sacrifice. They died so that we would be United. I'll for these sucessionests, that they remember the true cost for freedom.

The civil war was fought over human rights and any future secession and war would be fought over those same rights. The only change would be which side was violating those rights.

FWIW: I don't believe we are anywhere near that point but will not discount the possibility of a future govt that is destructive to those rights.

"That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness"

freeranger

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

I've stated elsewhere that the Constitution is silent on secession. If one adheres to the compact theory, then states may join and leave voluntarily as they are sovereign. Our first constitution, the Articles of Confederation, points this out in it's preamble as well as in Article 2: "Each state retains it's sovereignty, freedom and independence, and every power, jurisdiction, and right, which is by this confederation expressly delegated to the United States, in Congress assembled", and in Article 3: "The said states [referred to in the preamble] hereby severally enter into a firm league of friendship with each other for their common defense, the security of their liberties and their mutual and general welfare;..." Folks seem to forget that while the states were in the process of ratifying our current constitution, the Articles remained in effect until the required number of signatories were obtained. North Carolina ratified in 1789, a year and a half after the first nine states. Rhode Island ratified on May 29, 1790. Both of those states, had they not ratified, would have remained independent and sovereign mini-nations apart from the United States. This is our history. It isn't well known, it's definitely not taught to children. And sadly many who support the Constitution themselves have little knowledge of it as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom