Texas has required number of signatures 25,000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I, personally, would restrict it to economists. I wouldn't ask my doctor to diagnose a problem with my truck's engine and I'm sure not going to ask a journalist or radio entertainer to diagnose a massive and complex global economy.

But that aside, I'd like to see what you come up with....this is an interesting topic. Lots of doom and gloom out there but everyone I see peddling it either doesn't have a real understanding of how complex this massive economy is or they stand to benefit politically/financially. Often both.

Fair enough. I absolutely agree on any 'journalist' or commentator types. I will continue with the mining. As an example, what is your position on Gerald Celente?

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The civil war was fought over human rights and any future secession and war would be fought over those same rights. The only change would be which side was violating those rights.

FWIW: I don't believe we are anywhere near that point but will not discount the possibility of a future govt that is destructive to those rights.

"That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness"

That certainly was what the Unionists would have you believe, but it was a bit more complex an issue than human rights or slavery. The Emancipation Proclamation only applied to states NOT under Union control, for an example.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That certainly was what the Unionists would have you believe, but it was a bit more complex an issue than human rights or slavery. The Emancipation Proclamation only applied to states NOT under Union control, for an example.

The actual causation of the civil war was states rights but the underlying issue pushing it all was slavery. The election of an abolitionist president sparked the civil war so slavery was central to why the civil war was fought. Not nearly as complex as some try to make it.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fair enough. I absolutely agree on any 'journalist' or commentator types. I will continue with the mining. As an example, what is your position on Gerald Celente?

Thanks, hadn't heard of him before...but after doing some reading he seems to be one who solidly fits into the category of profitting from the doom and gloom. He's not an accomplished student of vast economies, but a self-proclaimed "futurist", who seems to speak in broad generalizations much like a psychic.

I want the numbers geek, buried in the basement of some university or think tank. One who doesn't make a living going on Fox News, Glenn Beck, Infowars, and by selling newsletters or books. Is there anyone like that out there, speaking in specifics like the how, why and when of a "coming collapse"?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whapp, whapp,whapp,whapp,whapp,whapp--the sound you here when someone's beating a dead horse.

AND did you know that, depending on how long it's been dead, the weather conditions and where you hit it (OK, in this case the guys were trying to drag it around into position so my dad could necropsy it), there is the possibility that gases in the lungs can escape and cause the absolutely most terrifying "moan" you've ever heard in your life?? :lookaroun Yeah ... I nearly shat myself ... :lookaroun HEY! I was just a kid -- the half dozen or so seasoned ranchers with me all dropped their cigs and RAN ... LOL

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been said or not 'cause i must admit i haven't read all 28 pages of this thread....but i don't see what is happening as these states REALLY wanting to LEAVE their membership in the United States of America, but i see it as they are sending a message to the FED GOV that "We're not taking this **** anymore!!!"

Someone HAS TO DO SOMETHING to get the ball rolling on fixing this GREAT COUNTRY of ours rather than just sittin on our hands and doing nothing. Short of an all out violent revolt does anyone have any other ideas? I mean what else besides a VERY STRONG message like The sucession of over half the states in the union is going to get anything started?

Obviously NOTHING...as everything we do and everyone we vote in to anything ends up tearing off their mask right afterwards, and revealing thier REAL self....so maybe this is a way to smack the FEDGOV right in the face and say look....THINGS HAVE TO CHANGE BACK TO THE WAY THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE AND THE WAY THE CONSTITUTION SAYS THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE.

And as far as Constitutional.....The Federal Government has made it very clear during the past few administrations that they don't give a rat's rear about the Constitution. All they have done for the last two administrations is try to find ways to bend it, get around it, twist it and all out break it.

In my Career,as well as in my life... (yeah i take this kind of thing seriously) I took an oath to defend this Country and the Constitution from ALL enemies both foriegn AND DOMESTIC....and i'm pretty sure that the domestic enemy is the whole lot of Yayhooos we have in DC...and have had for a while now.

SOMETHING has to be done....that's all i'm saying. Or we can all just sit on our asses and watch it get worse and worse and worse...then one day yell "SOMEONE SHOULDA DONE SOMETHING"................ONCE IT'S TOO LATE!

Ok...Rant off. I realize this probably won't be a very popular view, but hey...who cares. : )

Have a wonderful day. : )

freeranger

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been said or not 'cause i must admit i haven't read all 28 pages of this thread....but i don't see what is happening as these states REALLY wanting to LEAVE their membership in the United States of America, but i see it as they are sending a message to the FED GOV that "We're not taking this **** anymore!!!"

Someone HAS TO DO SOMETHING to get the ball rolling on fixing this GREAT COUNTRY of ours rather than just sittin on our hands and doing nothing. Short of an all out violent revolt does anyone have any other ideas? I mean what else besides a VERY STRONG message like The sucession of over half the states in the union is going to get anything started?

Obviously NOTHING...as everything we do and everyone we vote in to anything ends up tearing off their mask right afterwards, and revealing thier REAL self....so maybe this is a way to smack the FEDGOV right in the face and say look....THINGS HAVE TO CHANGE BACK TO THE WAY THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE AND THE WAY THE CONSTITUTION SAYS THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE.

And as far as Constitutional.....The Federal Government has made it very clear during the past few administrations that they don't give a rat's rear about the Constitution. All they have done for the last two administrations is try to find ways to bend it, get around it, twist it and all out break it.

In my Career,as well as in my life... (yeah i take this kind of thing seriously) I took an oath to defend this Country and the Constitution from ALL enemies both foriegn AND DOMESTIC....and i'm pretty sure that the domestic enemy is the whole lot of Yayhooos we have in DC...and have had for a while now.

SOMETHING has to be done....that's all i'm saying. Or we can all just sit on our asses and watch it get worse and worse and worse...then one day yell "SOMEONE SHOULDA DONE SOMETHING"................ONCE IT'S TOO LATE!

Ok...Rant off. I realize this probably won't be a very popular view, but hey...who cares. : )

Have a wonderful day. : )

I've mentioned a few times that a viable, non-violent means of checking the federal government's growth can be done via the Tenth Amendment. It is known as nullification. It was done with the Alien & Sedition Acts, the Fugitive Slave Act, the RealID Act, speed limits. It's now being used to ignore Obamacare, the NDAA, TSA sexual fondling and with the marijuana issue. The federal government will not police itself in spite of the "checks & balances" myth. All three branches have a vested interest in seeing the fed.gov grow. Since the states are parties to the Constitution, they have the ability to say NO to any law passed by Congress that is not connected and not made "in pursuance thereof" to the enumerated powers listed in Article 1, Section 8.

http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/

http://blog.tenthamendmentcenter.com/

OKMike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, the first states to withdraw from the union were those states with the highest slave population, definitely a slavery issue.

The actual causation of the civil war was states rights but the underlying issue pushing it all was slavery. The election of an abolitionist president sparked the civil war so slavery was central to why the civil war was fought. Not nearly as complex as some try to make it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom