Thank God for Airweights...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
regarding rust - i have a XD subcompact, i carried it last summer, walked a lot in the evenings and sweated a bunch. it got rust on the slide on the rear serrations where it rode up next to my skin. just a little bit of wd40 and cloth and it came off but after i cleaned it the first time it came back.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
regarding rust - i have a XD subcompact, i carried it last summer, walked a lot in the evenings and sweated a bunch. it got rust on the slide on the rear serrations where it rode up next to my skin. just a little bit of wd40 and cloth and it came off but after i cleaned it the first time it came back.

Yup! Rust on a gun is like feeding a stray dog.

It may leave for awhile, but it always comes back. :grumble:

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So as not to hijack Jefpainthorse's thread about rusty carry guns, I thought I'd start another one. ;)

Like many have noted, this time of year wrecks havoc on our beloved carry guns. So much so, that I'd bet my whiskers there are some here amongst us that don't carry in the summertime for this very reason.

SHAME ON YOU!!! :angry3:

Click on my signature (rules) and read rule #1: BRING A GUN! :scream:

Let me give you guys a nickel's worth of free advice.

Sell one of those safe queens and get yourselves a Smith & Wesson Airweight J frame revolver, a decent pocket holster and a Bianchi speed strip. If you don't like/trust an Airweight, hell, go with a stainless steel Jaybird!

These last few days, 157 degrees in the shade, would make any mortal man wanna dress with less. With an Airweight J frame...YOU CAN!!! :woohoo1:

For the last few weeks (while off duty) I've worn only my S&W model 38 Airweight Bodyguard in it's Milt Sparks PCH-R pocket holster and don't worry about any rust on my "big" iron(s) and I have STILL accomplished Gunfight Rule numero uno...BRING A GUN.

Just a little food for thought. :thumb:

I'm with you. My Airweight 642 (no #$%! lock) goes with me everywhere when it's this hot, usually in a Galco pocket holster. For me it's not so much about the rust, as my Beretta has a stainless slide, but the weight and having to cinch a belt around my sweaty body to carry IWB.

ai27.tinypic.com_2a8jj4i.jpg

ai29.tinypic.com_fn65xu.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom