Thank God for Airweights...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother in law has a S&W 340 PD that he's had for three years, and that thing's starting rust. :scratch: Granted, he doesn't take as good of care of his guns as he should, but he doesn't subject them to any undue wear.

I'd still buy one though. But for summer carry my Kahr CW9 is juuuuuuust fine. :thumbup3:

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
340PD is mostly aluminum and titanium, which is all but inert.
sounds more like corrosion on the aluminum frame.

some folks just produce sweat that's extra corrosive. for those folks, best thing to do is rinse your aluminum frame revolver in plain water. what little bit that gets inside will evaporate out. better to get a bit of water inside your revolver vs having your frame destroyed.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image][/QUOTE]

My brother in law has a S&W 340 PD that he's had for three years, and that thing's starting rust. :scratch: Granted, he doesn't take as good of care of his guns as he should, but he doesn't subject them to any undue wear.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I'll never sell mine either. It is too handy and WAY better than a .380 automatic.

My wife wants one now. Been halfway looking for one since we shot yours. Nice guns.

On topic, I don't have a J-frame (my wife does, 642), but I still don't ever leave home without a gun. I just have not found an acceptable reason not to. Comfort certainly is not.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So how do you carry a loaded Airweight when you're wearing a tank top and a pair of gym shorts with an elastic waistband? I can just see it now, GED jogging on the bike path with one side of his shorts being dragged halfway down his butt...

On second thought, best not dwell on that mental image.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So how do you carry a loaded Airweight when you're wearing a tank top and a pair of gym shorts with an elastic waistband? I can just see it now, GED jogging on the bike path with one side of his shorts being dragged halfway down his butt...

On second thought, best not dwell on that mental image.

Why jog when you can drive???

:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom