Thank God for Airweights...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you don't sweat on your carry gun (even in a pocket holster), you're not working out hard enough :thumb:

Sweat got the finish in my 642 in a pocket holster - I was soaked with sweat when riding my bicycle (I've since switched to strapping a zippered soft-case to the bike in a place where people can't see that its a gun case).

I still make sure to wear shorts with a draw-string and pockets when running so I can carry the 642 - that or wearing a light-weight smaller backpack (no, not a purse-style, a smaller camel-back).

I'm planning on getting mine coated in something more resilient than the crappy clear-coat that Smith puts on them.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So how do you carry a loaded Airweight when you're wearing a tank top and a pair of gym shorts with an elastic waistband? I can just see it now, GED jogging on the bike path with one side of his shorts being dragged halfway down his butt...

On second thought, best not dwell on that mental image.

I don't think we'll have to worry about seeing that, hell hasn't frozen over yet!!! :laugh6: :laugh6: :laugh6: :laugh6: :laugh6: :laugh6:

Chas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gotta love M38 Smiths, lightweight, dependable, shrouded hammer and easy to carry.

Here's a pair of 38-2's:
ai619.photobucket.com_albums_tt280_1chas11_100_0185.jpg

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So how do you carry a loaded Airweight when you're wearing a tank top and a pair of gym shorts with an elastic waistband? I can just see it now, GED jogging on the bike path with one side of his shorts being dragged halfway down his butt...

In all actuality, when I'm not in uniform, that is basically my summer time...well...my year round attire. Cotton volley style shorts and a T-shirt.

The shorts don't have belt loops. They have an elastic waistband with a drawstring, two on-seam pockets on the front and one on the right rear side. Just enough pockets for what I tote.

Smith & Wesson model 38 Airweight Bodyguard in a Milt Sparks PCH-R pocket holster in front right pocket.

Wallet/badge case in rear pocket.

Loaded Bianchi speed strip, Uncle Henry folding knife in front left pocket with Surefire L4 "Digital Lumamax" flashlight clipped inside pocket.

Works for me! :thumb:

Now, I do have several pair of shorts that have belt loops and yes, if I/we (my crew) travel out of our normal realm, I do belt and holster up.

But the gear I described above still gets toted too. :D

Why jog when you can drive???

:)

Precisely. ;)

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Smith & Wesson model 38 Airweight Bodyguard in a Milt Sparks PCH-R pocket holster in front right pocket.

Wallet/badge case in rear pocket.

Loaded Bianchi speed strip, Uncle Henry folding knife in front left pocket with Surefire L4 "Digital Lumamax" flashlight clipped inside pocket.

awww.sportsrubbish.com_wp_content_uploads_2009_04_aaron_mclean_shorts_fell_down.jpg

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

A Smartcarry works well for this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom