Thank God for Airweights...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Called S&W and got a really nice (not) CS person. He said yeah that screw is a crown screw and is supposed to be like that! Ok, well can you send me a new one since this one is deformed. With a gruff OK and my address one should beon the way. :selfangel

Edit: Noticed Midway had them for a few bucks with red thread lock pre applied.

Should be pretty much flush, and no, it will not send parts flying. I bought one that had the holsterless pocket clip on it and it had an off sized screw that looked kinda like that. Called S&W and they sent me a OEM screw for $0.00.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Constant companion in the summer. I carry IWB and will clean it pretty much daily. I replaced the factory grips with Uncle Mikes and I have had some rust come up under the grips if I neglect it after sweating on it. I've taken to putting a thin layer of grease under the grips.

ai23.photobucket.com_albums_b398_FLHRI_OK_pocketprotectors.jpg

backspur

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you think there is a chance your gun will be exposed to sweat get the 642. I previously had a 642 that I replaced with a 442 because I prefered the black finish. I now wipe surface rust off the barrel and cylinder of the 442 everyday I carry it. I never had any problems with rust on the 642. I did have problems with the clear coat flaking off near the top of the grip, but no rust. So, if anyone has a nice 642 they want to swap for a 442 let me know.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up an M&P340CT today. Threw some corbon DPX in it and stuck it in the front pocket holster and into my front pocket. Cant feel underpowered with 5 rounds of 125gr 357 mag ready to ward off the perps. Its light and easily carries. Feels more natural and more comfy than my G33 did.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you think there is a chance your gun will be exposed to sweat get the 642. I previously had a 642 that I replaced with a 442 because I prefered the black finish. I now wipe surface rust off the barrel and cylinder of the 442 everyday I carry it. I never had any problems with rust on the 642. I did have problems with the clear coat flaking off near the top of the grip, but no rust. So, if anyone has a nice 642 they want to swap for a 442 let me know.

I just bought a 442 no lock today to replace my 642 (now for sale). Started carrying in the pocket this summer for all the reasons already mentioned and wanted the black and no lock. A daily wipe down won't take care of the potential rust? I take good care of my firearms but I've never been one to worry about use marks. While I admire beautifull firearms I buy them to use, not look at. I'll look for a better pocket holster to help protect it.

Put 150 through the 442 tonight. Don't shoot it as well as the G19 but I guess I'll have to shoot more :).

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up an M&P340CT today. Threw some corbon DPX in it and stuck it in the front pocket holster and into my front pocket. Cant feel underpowered with 5 rounds of 125gr 357 mag ready to ward off the perps. Its light and easily carries. Feels more natural and more comfy than my G33 did.

Dude - what is that 3 of those guns you've owned? I sold mine and sort of regret it honestly, but more for the sights than anything else.

The weight difference between the M&P 340CT and my (now) 642 are negligible and I never used the laser but flat out refused to carry it with .357 after a day of shooting with .357 Self Defense loads (one day was all it took).

Still... I miss that gun (Dibs on yours when you sell it yet again :D ).

Latest posts

Top Bottom