Thank You Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there a copy of the specific law that I can read somewhere?

TITLE 21 § 1280.1.C.6

A handgun carried in a motor vehicle pursuant to a valid handgun license authorized by the Oklahoma
Self-Defense Act onto property set aside by a public or private elementary or secondary school for the
use or parking of any vehicle; provided, however, said handgun shall be stored and hidden from view in a
locked motor vehicle when the motor vehicle is left unattended on school property.

http://www.ok.gov/osbi/documents/SDA_Lawbook_NOV_2014.pdf

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank (and support) OK2A. They are the folks that got that slipped through under the radar of the OEA/NEA.

Ditto -- OK2A does outstanding work.
Very happy to see this become law. Also, reduced violations from a felony to a misdemeanor with $250 max fine.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is the violation and fine for? Carrying inside the building?

Carrying inside the building is still a no no. I think a violation would be not securing the handgun out of sight or vehicle is not locked. Also, I could be wrong but it looks like the change in the law only covers handguns.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is the violation and fine for? Carrying inside the building?

Until November 1st it was illegal to leave a firearm locked in your car and walk away from it. It wouldn't matter if it was inside the best safe in the world inside your car, it was still illegal. You could carry or have in your car for pick up or drop off but you had to remain with it.

This meant that until Saturday I had to park across the street off school property if I needed to go in etc.

This is a very good change.

I would also think this now will make protection less than 60 seconds away if needed for faculty?

Latest posts

Top Bottom